Ford Transit USA Forum banner

121 - 140 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I received my VIN from the dealer today, but the Ford Tracker doesn't have a production date yet. Anyone else have this situation?

It's confusing because the Tracker says "Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided." which implies if you have a VIN that you should also have an estimated build date.

View attachment 146652
Similar situation here. My understanding is that with the VIN you can expect an approximate date (I.e. a build week) but the order won’t tick over to “scheduled for production” until you have a build day. This should happen over the next week or two.

I just received the VIN on my R2X with Adventure Package (possibly minus 110V outlet) and was told by my dealer it’ll be built 1st week of April.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Similar situation here. My understanding is that with the VIN you can expect an approximate date (I.e. a build week) but the order won’t tick over to “scheduled for production” until you have a build day. This should happen over the next week or two.
I guess the build week info has to come from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Build week comes from the dealer - they usually give that out when they tell you the VIN because it's all on the same screen/system.

That Ford site works, but others have had better luck with these:

I guess they're third party people that use a different database than the Ford site, which is updated a little more quickly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Another data point. Ordered extended, SRW, ambulance pkg. Transit Dec. 16th. Got a VIN today with production the week of March 29.
I have the 110 power outlet unless they chucked it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lets say your van gets build on the build date or week they give you. How long until it is delivered to the dealership and your able to pick it up?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
The reason no one mentions that is because it's a whole other conversation. You order from Crew Man for delivery near KC? It goes by flatbed truck and typically arrives about a week after build. You live in Maine? Probably closer to 6-8 weeks to ship by rail, etc. The more out of the way, the closer to eight weeks. And just hope nothing gets caught up like the power sliding door issue where they were all made but sat in Ford's delivery lots for a couple weeks. I think those builds were wrapped up before Christmas but they're still hitting the dealers.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Reactions: Tmac

·
Registered
28 Posts
Things I always order for the stock unit Transits.....253* rear doors (N/A on the SWB models), passenger side armrest for the Vinyl or Cloth seats, front license plate mount (even though your state might not require it, if you move and need it, it is $52 to order one!), base 8" screen audio package (this is a option but the 4" screen TOO SMALL)
Just to confirm since I'm paranoid... you are saying that in all cases where the van is single wheel (not dually) in the back, it automatically has 253 doors? I ordered a 2021 AWD 148" HR (regular not extended) 9500 payload. Dealer said it comes with 253 automatically but I'm nervous!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just to confirm since I'm paranoid... you are saying that in all cases where the van is single wheel (not dually) in the back, it automatically has 253 doors? I ordered a 2021 AWD 148" HR (regular not extended) 9500 payload. Dealer said it comes with 253 automatically but I'm nervous!
For 2021, 253 degree doors is an option for all models that are long or extended. 180 degree is the standard.

If you didn’t order the 253 degree option, you will get the 180 deg doors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For 2021, 253 degree doors is an option for all models that are long or extended. 180 degree is the standard.

If you didn’t order the 253 degree option, you will get the 180 deg doors.
Would that show up on my order preview sheet? I don't see it on there. When asked my rep says "I checked our ordering guides to double check and it is optional, but with your build submitted the 253 degree doors were selected not the 180"

·
Registered
437 Posts
Would that show up on my order preview sheet? I don't see it on there. When asked my rep says "I checked our ordering guides to double check and it is optional, but with your build submitted the 253 degree doors were selected not the 180"
Yes, it would show on your order summary. I attached a partial screen shot of mine. It is towards the bottom.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
There are still a lot of dealers who do not know enough about the Transit to be able to work with the customer to get what they want. My reasoning for making the CrewVanMan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet is for the Transit buyer to know as much as possible about what is available for the 2021 model, be able to build out the vehicle of their choice, and then work with someone who can help them with specific questions to get the EXACT Transit ordered and delivered.

If you did not get a copy of your preview order, that is the first mistake. If you did get a copy and the 253* rear doors is not on the preview order, you will get the 180* doors. The only exception is if your particular ordered packaged option includes that feature as part of the options listed with that package. It is not a listed option for the Adventure Prep package so if you did not have it specifically listed on your preview order, you won't get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks @Janus9. It's not listed on mine so I'm going to keep bugging my dealer about that.
I missed the fact the B plllar assist bar and 253 degree doors turned to options for 2021 as well. It would have been nice if the dealer had informed me of that. Unfortunately the BOB book was not available when I placed my order. I think the B pillar assist bar should be an easy add on, but I'll have to hope that I won't miss the wide swing on the doors.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
That's unfortunate, but it's very clearly written in the order guide, which the dealer should have looked at, and which was published before even pricing was made available, what changes occurred versus last year.

It's the easy stuff like that which makes people unhappy with dealers.

The b-pillar grab is a bolt on. People seem to have a hard time sourcing it but I've also seen them given away.

Reactions: Tmac

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
@Tmac search the forums for "2021 order guide pdf" to see what the dealer should be looking at to order a van. Changes are all listed on page 1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Tmac search the forums for "2021 order guide pdf" to see what the dealer should be looking at to order a van. Changes are all listed on page 1.
Thanks, yes. I actually went through that before my order but obviously not well enough so I take some responsibility.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's unfortunate, but it's very clearly written in the order guide, which the dealer should have looked at, and which was published before even pricing was made available, what changes occurred versus last year.

It's the easy stuff like that which makes people unhappy with dealers.
Yeah, and even after finding that info here and explicitly saying "Look here on the order guide p. 9" my dealer rep was like "oh no you have it on your model!" Very frustrating.

If you did not get a copy of your preview order, that is the first mistake. If you did get a copy and the 253* rear doors is not on the preview order, you will get the 180* doors. The only exception is if your particular ordered packaged option includes that feature as part of the options listed with that package. It is not a listed option for the Adventure Prep package so if you did not have it specifically listed on your preview order, you won't get it.
I do have it:

121 - 140 of 235 Posts