Ford Transit USA Forum banner

481 - 500 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting on W2X T350 148" High Roof, AWD, Ecb, Adv Pkg, 2alt., ordered 11/13/20, 01 priority, 2/3 vin
96 Posts
Parts, then body code. That's all that's left.

·
Registered
21' 250 Crew HR AWD, 148 WB, EB, Adv pkg, ordered 3/5/21 VIN 4/6 est build 7/1, est deliv ?
25 Posts
So...does anyone know if you can take delivery of your transit to a different location than the dealership where you're buying it? We were originally planning to pick up new van in AZ this spring and head back to our summer place in the Midwest. But with production delays, can we have it delivered to MI instead of AZ? We bought it in part to go back and forth btw our 2 homes. Another option we're considering is to pick up in KC but not preferred.

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR Avalanche Grey
224 Posts
Mine too.

W2X Ordered 2/4
VIN 3/18
First build week 5/24 with estimated delivery of 6/18
Updated delivery 7/25.

Dealer claims "scheduled to be built 7/1" which sounds like a load of hogwash given that's a Thursday not a Monday, so unlikely to be a build week.

·
Registered
Waiting on W2X T350 148" High Roof, AWD, Ecb, Adv Pkg, 2alt., ordered 11/13/20, 01 priority, 2/3 vin
96 Posts
Ours was June 19 and is now estimated for delivery on July 24. W2X ordered Nov 13.

·
Registered
Build date 5/10/2021: 148", medium roof, Adventure Prep, Avalanche Grey..
152 Posts
Mine has moved from June 3 to July 10.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mine went from early April to late April to June 2 and today floated like a down feather all the way over to July 7. I knew that June date was going to move for days and it finally happened. Will that be the final move? I have no clue but I’m not really upset. The entire industry is messed up.
Heck, I work in a laboratory and we are constantly running out of plastic caps, dispo pipettes, tubes. pipettor tips, gloves. It goes on and on and we have to change to other available options if we can get them. It seems every supply chain is stressed in some way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My delivery date on the Ford Tracker also just slid another 6 weeks.

Ordered 12/10/20
VIN received 2/4/21
current Estimated Delivery 7/30/21

·
Registered
Ordered 12/16/2020 R3U AWD Adventure Pkg. No VIN or any news from Ford ford since..
84 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I will email the dealer and ask them to give me that vehicle visibility report.
Per CVM suggestion, I requested a printout of the vehicle visibility report from my dealer yesterday. I can see my order in their system is just sitting there with an "Unscheduled - Clean" status still. Official receipt was 12/19/2020.

At this point in time I guess there is really nothing to do but wait. I already have my entire summer's accommodations booked for the rest of the summer. When the pandemic really started getting serious last year I was traveling through Vietnam with my girlfriend. Once they started shutting flights down we bought tickets back to the states. Upon arrival back in the states (no car and no apartment --we planned on traveling through SE Asia indefinitely) bought a used Nissan versa the first week back.

Our recent road trip had the versa stacked to the roof with all the **** we acquired in just the last year lol. To be honest I've been impressed with how many places ive been able to take the versa. I do think they are pretty ugly cars and most people tend to completely overlook/ignore it which is fine by me, I've never been someone who wanted my vehicle to draw a lot of attention from others.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Interesting data point. Checked the ford tracking site this morning, and the days till delivery countdown at the top is no longer there. All it says is that "your order has been confirmed". Scrolling down, my estimated delivery date is still July 30th, but no countdown at the top like there has always been.

Anyone else seeing this

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting data point. Checked the ford tracking site this morning, and the days till delivery countdown at the top is no longer there. All it says is that "your order has been confirmed". Scrolling down, my estimated delivery date is still July 30th, but no countdown at the top like there has always been.

Anyone else seeing this
yes, same here. they must have figured that having a "countdown" that counted up was just an extra poke in the eye to customers.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just got a communication from my dealer and I have a June 23 or whatever, I forget, production day. Gonna have to look up my VIN on Fords site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our 1k deposit is even worse than a zero interest loan because in the 6+ months they've had it if we had invested in either Bitcoin, ethereum, or even an s&p500 index fund we'd be sitting well above 1k.

Considering I haven't even been issued a VIN since ordering on 12/16, I worry that I don't even have a real order in the system and that I will never get this van lol. There's zero way for me to know for sure without convincing the dealer to show me their computers. Blind Faith in a car salesman great..
That's the way I feel. No VIN NO SCHEDULE. If we ever get these things, ford should step up and at least give us some rebates, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that!

·
Registered
21 Posts
New estimated delivery dates seem arbitrary and don't give me confidence. I'd feel better to see some direct communication from Ford to their customers with an honest assessment of the outlook with some kind of detail. Or even, "We're sorry it's currently not possible to estimate production schedules until we receive x components from the suppliers, so we're offering a credit/rebate to those who have had to wait so long". Just let customers know they are trying / caring.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'd feel better to see some direct communication from Ford to their customers with an honest assessment of the outlook with some kind of detail.
You are not FOMOCO's customer, the franchised dealer is their customer. You are the dealers customer. FOMOCO does not even know you exist. That being said, FOMOCO is probably not transparent with the dealers. Doesn't that make you feel better?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m waiting for a van and have been delayed like everyone else. It’s frustrating. That said, Ford and your dealer and everyone at every step of this process REALLY WANT to build and deliver your van. There’s no conspiracy to hoard the deposits for extra time; what Ford and your dealer want is the purchase price of the van, which they don’t get ’till it’s delivered.

At this point it seems pretty clear that Ford is working with a semi-unpredictable supply chain. We can all be pretty sure that all dates are very much subject to change. It’s not like Ford is holding out on us or trying to manipulate its customers for some nefarious end. Everyone wants us to have our vans, they just can’t be built and it’s not clear when they will. Getting mad at Ford seems misdirected to me; I can’t think of what info they could reasonably provide that would improve the situation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can’t think of what info they could reasonably provide that would improve the situation.
Honest (or really any) communication?

My understanding is that Ford never gave any formal explanation to my dealer for the delay in the VIN number, or for any of the times the build date has been rescheduled.

·
Registered
21' 250 Crew HR AWD, 148 WB, EB, Adv pkg, ordered 3/5/21 VIN 4/6 est build 7/1, est deliv ?
25 Posts
I’m waiting for a van and have been delayed like everyone else. It’s frustrating. That said, Ford and your dealer and everyone at every step of this process REALLY WANT to build and deliver your van. There’s no conspiracy to hoard the deposits for extra time; what Ford and your dealer want is the purchase price of the van, which they don’t get ’till it’s delivered.

At this point it seems pretty clear that Ford is working with a semi-unpredictable supply chain. We can all be pretty sure that all dates are very much subject to change. It’s not like Ford is holding out on us or trying to manipulate its customers for some nefarious end. Everyone wants us to have our vans, they just can’t be built and it’s not clear when they will. Getting mad at Ford seems misdirected to me; I can’t think of what info they could reasonably provide that would improve the situation.
I worked in the auto industry during part of my career (Also chemical industry 40 yrs ago). An unplanned plant shutdown for even a day is not good. What is happening now is devastating. Trust me, Ford is doing everything it can to get production going again.

481 - 500 of 515 Posts