Ford Transit USA Forum banner

441 - 460 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
When you get a VIN there is a associated build date, either a WEEK of date when first listed and later a DAY of date. Most dates have been moved to a June date if you already had a VIN.
Your dealer cannot get you a definite delivery date if your Transit has to go from the assembly plant to your dealer via a rail car if you have a MR or HR Transit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dealer says my build date (R2X w. AP) was still mid May as of yesterday, delivery to the PNW mid June. I guess we’ll see if that holds.

At this point two things are clear about this process: Dates are subject to change at any point, and there’s no way to get a van faster than I will by waiting on this thing to be built. I therefore continue my efforts to achieve a zen-like calm and quit checking the order status every day…

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dealer update for today (mind you, this is from one dealer and Ford seems to not be consistent in their communications with their dealer network): Ford is not accepting new retail orders as the start of this week. Stock inventory is shut down until September (guessing that would be '22s at that point?). They are committed to building orders in the system before 4/26. Ford says things should start moving again (scheduling) now that they have made this decision.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
481 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 12/16/2020 R3U AWD Adventure Pkg. No VIN or any news from Ford ford since..
77 Posts
Guess no one liked the van specs I put together... but here's my van's twin. Been sitting at the dealer for a couple weeks now.

I liked the van you specced out alot! It's just that the salesman wants to raise the price and it's end up being more expensive than the one I ordered with exactly the specs I want. So basically I'm back to being patient unless I want to pay a premium for right now. All in all it's a great option for a van if you want one right now and you don't mind playing salesman games and travelling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I liked the van you specced out alot! It's just that the salesman wants to raise the price and it's end up being more expensive than the one I ordered with exactly the specs I want. So basically I'm back to being patient unless I want to pay a premium for right now. All in all it's a great option for a van if you want one right now and you don't mind playing salesman games and travelling.
they todl me they will take $4500 off teh MSRP - great price and build but my wife didnt like the config...

·
Registered
Ordered 12/16/2020 R3U AWD Adventure Pkg. No VIN or any news from Ford ford since..
77 Posts
they todl me they will take $4500 off teh MSRP - great price and build but my wife didnt like the config...
Did they really?? I asked him what the price would be and he wouldn't tell me a straight answer. Then, when I asked, "can we get it to 50" he laughed at me.. he said they're raising the prices on all of them and even their website price wasn't accurate..so I gave up because I got work pressing me for deadlines.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Check the website now because they've listed a discount - they can't back down from that. Sorry to hear to wasn't helpful. :-( Maybe now it's a buyer's market.

Did they really?? I asked him what the price would be and he wouldn't tell me a straight answer. Then, when I asked, "can we get it to 50" he laughed at me.. he said they're raising the prices on all of them and even their website price wasn't accurate..so I gave up because I got work pressing me for deadlines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guess no one liked the van specs I put together... but here's my van's twin. Been sitting at the dealer for a couple weeks now.

I reached out to them a few weeks ago on that one. Worst dealer communication I've ever had and they are full of sh.... Seems to be a consistent theme with the reviews I read of these guys.

Dealing with Ford dealers while shopping for Transits reminds me yet again as to why I've yet to buy a Ford in my lifetime.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I reached out to them a few weeks ago on that one. Worst dealer communication I've ever had and they are full of sh.... Seems to be a consistent theme with the reviews I read of these guys.

Dealing with Ford dealers while shopping for Transits reminds me yet again as to why I've yet to buy a Ford in my lifetime.
Hate to say it but I would have bought sions van if it wasn't 100% the truth. The salesman acted like he didn't even want to sell it to me and then when I inquired further he treats me like I'm on a mailing list in competition with five other people..and then when I asked the price no response or way higher than what is listed.. he must not want to sell it to somebody out of state idk. I have too much **** to worry about this month than I had patience for to deal with it.

·
Registered
2021 AWD 148" HR 3.5L EcoBoost Avalanche Grey
173 Posts
Saw on UAW 249 facebook that plant is shut still but planned to reopen week of 5/17.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I heard that Ford truck sell themselves. Wish that were true. I've bought Toyotas and subarus in under two hours. Ford takes days. Really no reason other than head games. Who needs that?
In my experience, ugly sales and service behavior does not correlate with the manufacturer they represent. You get good and bad under any label.

Reactions: scorchen

·
Registered
T350 148" High Roof, AWD, Ecoboost ordered 11/13/20
78 Posts
In my experience, ugly sales and service behavior does not correlate with the manufacturer they represent. You get good and bad under any label.
I agree in general. However, my buying experience has been nearly identical in 6 different dealerships buying broncos, F250s and this transit. To me, it seems like it's a corporate culture issue for Ford.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
You're the perfect example - unsatisfactory experience doesn't seem tied to diminished repeat demand.

I agree in general. However, my buying experience has been nearly identical in 6 different dealerships buying broncos, F250s and this transit. To me, it seems like it's a corporate culture issue for Ford.

·
Registered
T350 148" High Roof, AWD, Ecoboost ordered 11/13/20
78 Posts
That's absolutely true, as I'm convinced it's the right vehicle for my specific application. But I'm still left with the feeling I've put more effort into my buyer/seller relationship with Ford than other manufacturers. Same with the online tool. Helpful, but overly time consuming and you end up at the same place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got confirmation from my dealer that my late-May build date is pushed back "a month" due to chip shortages. He was open/frustrated enough to say that based on talking with Ford reps he doesn't really have confidence that even the new late-June build date will happen. To me this implies that they don't have solid dates for when the supply chain issues will be resolved, and are just pushing things back a month in hopes things get better.

441 - 460 of 489 Posts