Ford Transit USA Forum banner

401 - 420 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine from Crossroads Ford in Apex, NC. Just outside of Raleigh. Carl orders tons of fleet vans and is one of the highest volume dealerships on the East Coast. They must have the buying power because it went through quick. I ordered the whole package, heated leather seats, electric door and step, etc. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe they just had more allocations because of their volume. I know they ordered and exact replica of mine in White on the same day, and that one is not expected for three more weeks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
a couple of your guys stories just straight bum me out

....then a couple of the other ones who went through the system unscathed make me jealous!!
I hear ya. If there's two main things the last 20 pages of this thread have taught me.
  1. Mid roof vans are a lot faster to get built than HR vans. So many folks ordered in January and have already gotten their delivery. HR Extended vans seem to be the hardest to come by for build dates and delays affected us heavily.
  2. Don't try to make sense of the scheduling system. Too many variables, plenty of things don't operate in a straight line. There have been a few who had order confirmed dates from Ford weeks after mine was confirmed, yet their vans have been delivered. It's not an allocation issue, or a chip shortage issue, but for whatever reason some of us are still 50 days out even though we were "in line" sooner. It can be maddening. I'm making lemonade with the extra time and working on more cad details for the build. None of the delays are gonna matter in a year or two.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beneath my frustrations, lies pretty much the same opinion you have. Throughout these past months, I was able to bank a bunch of my OT so I can cash it out when m van gets here and have a big down payment. I’ve been able to do a lot more research on various systems I’m going to install in my van as well.
I was hoping to have it by June simply because I have a couple motorcycle events during that month that I could have really made good use of the van. Oh well.

Just hope all my options actually make it to production.

speaking of which. What’s the latest with the swivel seats? I ordered them, but didn’t see them listed as an option I ordered online.

can anyone confirm this conundrum

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am seeing the same thing, no swivel seat specifically listed in the options on the Ford tracking site. Just says cloth seats and dark palazzo grey. However, it does list the adventure prep package and that configuration is on my order sheet with the swivel seats, so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here with the swivel seats. They're on our preview / final order sheet but do not appear on the Ford order status web page. Everything else looks fine. I'd assumed they were baked into the adventure prep package and regardless don't want to rock the boat, just want my delivery date to hang in there. Ordered R2X on 2/22 with delivery estimated 6/19 which has held steady for several weeks now.

·
Registered
T350 148" High Roof, AWD, Ecoboost ordered 11/13/20
78 Posts
I'm quite frustrated with Ford. My order has been "locked for scheduling" and I have not been able to change anything on my order. I don't have any changes that are significant, but it does piss me off that it's been locked as a priority 01 build since November 17 when the order was first pulled for scheduling five months ago! So when I fall out the slider or run out of fuel, I'll think of Ford's wonderful ordering system and stellar customer service, that locked changes for a 6 month build wait.

I'm happy for those that have received their vans, but it does make me wonder why orders placed three months after mine have an estimated delivery one week after me.

350 HR 148" AP non extended, long arm mirrors, dual alternators, swivel seats. Is it something I ordered?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I too have an order that got delayed from early April to mid April and then got booted to an estimated May 28 delivery to a KC dealer.
Mine is an extended. It seems Ford is building lumps of similar vans with extended being the problem van. Add to this trying to corral the needed options to make a run of them rather than a piece of this and a piece of that and you’ve got trouble.
So this mix of special body and special options (I have the dual alternator ambulance pkg, BLIS, split view cameras, heated seats, adaptive cruise, and on and on) seems to be a hard puzzle for Ford and its suppliers.
I’m kind of OK with it all. I put my order in mid December and I’d like to use the rough van build this Summer and Winter. I’ll be retired in January so I’ll have time aplenty. If I was a tradesman it would suck but they would have probably ordered a much simpler van and maybe had it by now.
I appreciate other folks wanting or needing it sooner and my thoughts are with you. I hope you get your van soon and I’d honestly accept more delay with mine if it would get your van to you sooner. Like I said I’m not chomping at the bit for this thing but I’d like to get it at least by late Summer so I can get something in it for ski season.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm fine with waiting. I'm already retired, have too much time (aka, obsessing over this van). Fully understand allocation and priority can't make parts appear.

I had mistakenly thought a priority 01 would be helpful. Turned out it "locked my order" so I could not make any changes from the very beginning. That's my frustation. Plenty of time to wait but no time for changes. So if anyone has changes to their order, it seems they need to make them before getting a priority 01 OR a vin number is generated.

I am curious as to cause of delays as non extended 250s with AP seem to have be built. I haven't been following builds by 250 vs 350, only electronic option delays, so maybe my W2X 350 was the issue. There are W2Xs scheduled with mine for May 17 week to be built.

·
Registered
101 Posts
To anyone that lives out West and knows...

how long did it take for you to get your van from build date to your dealership? I have a build week of 5/17 and an estimated delivery date of 7/2 (which has bounced around a couple of times)

trying to account for the 6 week discrepancy

·
Registered
352 Posts
To anyone that lives out West and knows...

how long did it take for you to get your van from build date to your dealership? I have a build week of 5/17 and an estimated delivery date of 7/2 (which has bounced around a couple of times)

trying to account for the 6 week discrepancy
I had a build week of 2021-02-08 and an actual dealer delivery of 2021-03-09, which was 3 days earlier than the VIN tool listed as expected. Dealer in the SF bay area.

Reactions: Andrew_v949

·
Registered
101 Posts
Soooo.... I check the Ford tracking site no less than 10 times a day. Seriously haha!!

about a week ago, my delivery date changed from 6/26 to 7/2. I just checked again because I’m obsessive like that.... and it just changed back to 6/27. I checked probably an hour before this and there was no change. Weird

·
Registered
Ordered 12/16/2020 R3U AWD Adventure Pkg. No VIN or any news from Ford ford since..
77 Posts
As of tomorrow I will be at 4 months since I put down 1k to the local ford dealer for a R3U Adventure Package. Yes, it was loaded with some options, but no more so than many other builds I've seen on here. I'm trying to decide when the deadline will be for me to cancel my order with the local dealership before canceling. At that point I'll probably go back to crewvanman. (I originally ordered with his BOB ordering service manual, but due to the pandemic back in nov/dec I decided going with the local dealer would be the wisest choice.)

Well, the local dealership is pretty clueless and unhelpful and its been 4 months. They did manage to get a much more basic R3U ordered and delivered around the same time frame as mine so it must be some of the options/electronics as mentioned before by others. I think I'll be waiting until May 1st before I decide to cancel my order. As I think about it here I guess I may as well wait until crewvanman starts taking orders for 2022 models and then it would be a no-brainer to end this misery.

The rest of this month I'll be moving out of my apartment and living #airbnblyfe? We'll be trying to stay positive and make the best of the situation while we wait for our vaporware van. We both will be fully vaccinated and able to finally visit friends and family. It's still a bit of bummer as I actually built the entire electrical system on my desk table from Jan - march in hopes of being able to install it by May.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My build week changed yesterday from 5/17 to 5/24. This morning the estimated delivery added 9 more days to 6/19. I don't believe the estimated delivery date. I have previously been told it's 6 to 8 weeks to ship to Mass. Maybe July, if things go well. That would be 8 months.

order placed 11/13/20, vin 2/3.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As of tomorrow I will be at 4 months since I put down 1k to the local ford dealer for a R3U Adventure Package. Yes, it was loaded with some options, but no more so than many other builds I've seen on here. I'm trying to decide when the deadline will be for me to cancel my order with the local dealership before canceling. At that point I'll probably go back to crewvanman. (I originally ordered with his BOB ordering service manual, but due to the pandemic back in nov/dec I decided going with the local dealer would be the wisest choice.)

Well, the local dealership is pretty clueless and unhelpful and its been 4 months. They did manage to get a much more basic R3U ordered and delivered around the same time frame as mine so it must be some of the options/electronics as mentioned before by others. I think I'll be waiting until May 1st before I decide to cancel my order. As I think about it here I guess I may as well wait until crewvanman starts taking orders for 2022 models and then it would be a no-brainer to end this misery.

The rest of this month I'll be moving out of my apartment and living #airbnblyfe? We'll be trying to stay positive and make the best of the situation while we wait for our vaporware van. We both will be fully vaccinated and able to finally visit friends and family. It's still a bit of bummer as I actually built the entire electrical system on my desk table from Jan - march in hopes of being able to install it by May.
I'm hoping that after this week's build schedule reshuffle the rest of you with early orders will get vins in next week's pull. Who knows when Ford will get around to building custom orders in 2022. Those of us who ordered early and are waiting for builds and vins seem to have the less popular body codes. If I had to do this again it's an R2X, not a W2X. I think I made a 400 pound mistake!

·
Registered
2021 AWD 148" HR 3.5L EcoBoost Avalanche Grey
173 Posts
Those of us who ordered early and are waiting for builds and vins seem to have the less popular body codes. If I had to do this again it's an R2X, not a W2X. I think I made a 400 pound mistake!
I ordered a W2X on 2/4. Vin on 3/18, build week 5/24.

401 - 420 of 489 Posts