Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for posting about this guys. I am putting in an order tomorrow and no doubt you guys just saved me several weeks before my salesman notified me.

I will drop the 110 outlet from the order. I didn’t order the adventure package, since I didn’t want any windows, but did have the outlet as a separate option.

It would be nice if Ford would let you know what the timeline would be, but since they don’t, I don’t want to wait.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
On another thread @CincyBearcats asked about the manual parking brake removal and where the new outlet is going in since it used to be inside the parking brake housing.

It just occurred to me that this is probably what the issue is - whatever they were intending to do isn't working, or maybe they wanted to test fit it in some production vans first (which just started rolling off the line Monday). Just a thought that might connects the dots for the situation. Coincidentally, my dealer texted me yesterday that they're hoping to have an update later this week.

·
Registered
735 Posts
On another thread @CincyBearcats asked about the manual parking brake removal and where the new outlet is going in since it used to be inside the parking brake housing.

It just occurred to me that this is probably what the issue is - whatever they were intending to do isn't working, or maybe they wanted to test fit it in some production vans first (which just started rolling off the line Monday). Just a thought that might connects the dots for the situation. Coincidentally, my dealer texted me yesterday that they're hoping to have an update later this week.
Or it was an engineering "oversight" and when the first one went down the production line .... OOPS! Never happens.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
In other threads, people were reporting their 2020s rolling off the line after Christmas so I don't think they have any 2021s from the lines just yet to realize their oopsies.

I'm really crossing my fingers they want proof of concept with the brake change, so maybe all our VINs will start being issued any day now.

Reactions: njvagabond

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me a significant reason to go with the AP package is that it makes factory swivel seats much less expensive. Swivels as a stand-alone option are $1300, but swivels if you already have the AP package run $350.

And for the most part I actually do want the stuff in the AP package, I think Ford did a nice job of pulling together all the things you’d want for a conversion.
I noticed the price difference as well, but when ordered outside of the Adventure Package the swivel seats include the dual AGM batteries. I suspect that is the reason for the price difference. Dual batteries are included in Adventure Package, so adding swivel seats wouldn’t be as much. But, I don’t understand why dual batteries are required for the swivel seat option?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed the price difference as well, but when ordered outside of the Adventure Package the swivel seats include the dual AGM batteries. I suspect that is the reason for the price difference. Dual batteries are included in Adventure Package, so adding swivel seats wouldn’t be as much. But, I don’t understand why dual batteries are required for the swivel seat option?
Actually, I believe I figured it out: Adventure Package includes 10-way heated seats by default. These are not offered with swivels, so if you go to swivels you automatically get downgraded to 4-way manual seats. So price of swivels with AP package is actually just swivels minus 10-way seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In other threads, people were reporting their 2020s rolling off the line after Christmas so I don't think they have any 2021s from the lines just yet to realize their oopsies.

I'm really crossing my fingers they want proof of concept with the brake change, so maybe all our VINs will start being issued any day now.
My fingers are crossed with you on this one. Seems silly as engineering should have been way way ahead on this stuff....probably another case to blame on Covid

·
Registered
5 Posts
We ordered a 2021 with the Adventure Package on December 2 and spoke with our dealership over the last couple of days. We asked them to take a look at changing our order to match the current one but without the package and the 110 outlet. It looks like that option would be about $1,200 more, which is not too bad. They recommended we wait a month to see what happens with the outlet. According to them, our order is currently a Priority 1 order (not sure what that means) and we would be further back if we placed a different order now. We are going to follow their advice and see what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the adventure package and dealer is telling me the Ford system is still saying build week of 2/22 as of right now.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I ordered the adventure package and dealer is telling me the Ford system is still saying build week of 2/22 as of right now.
Interesting - about what date did you order? Build week can't be determined without a VIN - did they provide one? No one else in the same boat (i.e. on this thread or on the Facebook groups I've talked to) has a VIN... or a build week.

Here's a great explanation on the process from a dealer's view, and some screenshots - you can see the ones with VINs have dates, the ones w/out VINs don't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I have a VIN number. My order date was 11/3/20. I originally had a build date of week of 1/11, but that changed quite a while ago and has stayed 2/22 for a while now, at least a month. Mine is a AWD, HR, Extended.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We ordered a 2021 with the Adventure Package on December 2 and spoke with our dealership over the last couple of days. We asked them to take a look at changing our order to match the current one but without the package and the 110 outlet. It looks like that option would be about $1,200 more, which is not too bad. They recommended we wait a month to see what happens with the outlet. According to them, our order is currently a Priority 1 order (not sure what that means) and we would be further back if we placed a different order now. We are going to follow their advice and see what happens.
If the order is on Priority 1 then Ford has locked it in for production and the dealer can't change any options on the order. They have already allocated all of the options on the order to have the Transit built so any items that are delayed will delay the order going for scheduling.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I have the Adventure Package added as well as a VIN and build date of 1/27/21. 2021 AWD HR Long Crew.
Poking around - you got the Crew van, so no 110v. Makes sense... lucky dog!!

@RL70MI You order a crew too?

Reactions: tenbrook

·
Premium Member
160 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the order is on Priority 1 then Ford has locked it in for production and the dealer can't change any options on the order. They have already allocated all of the options on the order to have the Transit built so any items that are delayed will delay the order going for scheduling.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate the insight. You are a great resource for everyone on the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On that website my VIN shows in order processing. Not sure what system dealer uses, but he has sent me screenshots that shows the VIN, order date, build week, and delivery week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@RL70MI Sorry to keep asking questions but earlier today you said, "dealer is telling me...". So you have a VIN but the dealer is where you're getting your order status updates from? What do VIN tracking sites say about your VIN build status?
I do not have a VIN. I actually called to check in to see if they had one (I doubted it given what I had read on this site). They did not. My order is for the R2X0 with the Adventure Package and a few other things. We have a deposit down with someone to convert it and have to supply some things ourselves so I am dying to purchase those. But if they sit around my house for months it will make me antsy. 😁

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The only part I question is the delivery week. Ford has stopped placing a ETA dates on our Vehicle Visibility report until the Transit passes Quality Control, then it adds a date to the order. Our orders show a 6 day ETA and that is based on the local deliveries by Jack Cooper Transport. If the Transit is going to a rail car for loading and delivery, it shows a railroad company and rail car number once it is loaded. It is tracked along the route with checkpoints until it gets to the Regional Distribution Center where it is offloaded and placed on the lot where it is pulled for loading for local delivery to the dealer.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts