Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2021 T-250 AWD MR Long
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

December 14 2020 I ordered a T250 MR AWD with the adventure package. I have been bugging the dealer to get my vin. Only till this week they called Ford to find out that the 110 outlet has a hold which Is holding up getting the VIN.

Anybody else have a 2021 on one hold because of this?

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2021 HR AWD with Adventure Prep on order, placed Nov. 27th, and have not yet gotten a VIN. My dealer stated that fewer build dates are allocated to HR vans, so it might be a bit slower to get built; I’ve now asked them to check that the 110V outlet is not an additional holdup. Will report back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I discussed the AP with my dealer, I was explaining why I did not order it, considering how similar it is to what I did order. He informed me of the holdup on Ford’s end. Dodged that one, I got a build week of Feb 8.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I don't know if it is related or not, but a number of automotive companies are struggling to get electronics parts. Not just Ford, but also VW, etc.

The auto industry went through a nearly complete shut down in 2020. When customer's stop purchasing semiconductor parts, the capacity is sold to other end customers if possible.

Turning a complex mfg line off / on is not so easy.

Turning off / on the low margins / high spec / expensive to qual semiconductors that automotive mfg lines use is even harder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2021 HR AWD with Adventure Prep on order, placed Nov. 27th, and have not yet gotten a VIN. My dealer stated that fewer build dates are allocated to HR vans, so it might be a bit slower to get built; I’ve now asked them to check that the 110V outlet is not an additional holdup. Will report back.
FYI, I placed an order with a dealer 11/25 and they put the order through to Ford the same day. I had a VIN by 12/09. My order is for a 2021 HR AWD 148". I didn't order the Adventure Package though. Doesn't look like its been scheduled for production yet though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its been discussed on this forum that the change to an electronic parking brake from the manual parking brake (where the inverter was housed) might be holding the 110v outlet up.
If you don't want your order held up I would option without it.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Since there is apparently a very minimal savings, if any, ordering the Adventure Package is it feasible to just remove that package and order the options separately without the 110 outlet?
Yes, you can order each option from the package separately to delete the 110 volt outlet. Some like ALL of the options except the window in the sliding side door and you can't delete any options that are part of the package.

You can't get the Dark Palazzo Gray 10 way power/heated seats in the Adventure Prep package but you can upgrade to the Leather seating if you wish.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For me a significant reason to go with the AP package is that it makes factory swivel seats much less expensive. Swivels as a stand-alone option are $1300, but swivels if you already have the AP package run $350.

And for the most part I actually do want the stuff in the AP package, I think Ford did a nice job of pulling together all the things you’d want for a conversion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone,

December 14 2020 I ordered a T250 MR AWD with the adventure package. I have been bugging the dealer to get my vin. Only till this week they called Ford to find out that the 110 outlet has a hold which Is holding up getting the VIN.

Anybody else have a 2021 on one hold because of this?

thanks
Reviewed my 2021 Crew AWD order and it is showing that 110V/400W option was NOT available on the Crew AWD Adventure Pkg. It was auto deleted when the Crew w/Adventure pkg. option was chosen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me a significant reason to go with the AP package is that it makes factory swivel seats much less expensive. Swivels as a stand-alone option are $1300, but swivels if you already have the AP package run $350.

And for the most part I actually do want the stuff in the AP package, I think Ford did a nice job of pulling together all the things you’d want for a conversion.
Agreed. Just bummed that swivel and leather options were not available on Crew builds.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
ME!!!

I've been bothering anyone who posted that they ordered a 2021 on this site or on the Facebook groups, trying to verify my dealer's "110v outlet is holding up us giving you a VIN" he texted me December 15.

So far I've only found just one order with a VIN who has the 110v socket, and that was placed really early on (11/10-17 or so).

110v outlet is automatic for cargo vans that get the dual alternator, but excluded from Crew Vans as an option.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,096 Posts
That's a deal then. Several of the Ford packages are just to simplify commonly ordered options, but every now and then they do a package deal that makes sense. When I bought my 2018 it was cheaper to get pewter leather than it was to get charcoal cloth if you were getting the interior upgrade package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a deal then. Several of the Ford packages are just to simplify commonly ordered options, but every now and then they do a package deal that makes sense. When I bought my 2018 it was cheaper to get pewter leather than it was to get charcoal cloth if you were getting the interior upgrade package.
Indeed, my back-of-envelope showed the AP package is a near-wash (slightly cheaper) vs. separately adding all the items. But if you want swivels it definitely makes sense.

I'm not sure why swivels are so much cheaper with AP package selected. If it's related to batteries or wiring or some other aspect of AP package, would they be similarly cheaper if these were added a la carte?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well this is frustrating. I placed my order Nov 17 as a HR EL with ADV pkg and leather. Still no VIN and was wondering why.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I guess the million dollar question is, is there cushion in the scheduling insomuch that when they do get the 110v plugs they can sprinkle builds in? Or are we at the end of the line, no different than if we ordered a van the day they got their supply issue ironed out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess the million dollar question is, is there cushion in the scheduling insomuch that when they do get the 110v plugs they can sprinkle builds in? Or are we at the end of the line, no different than if we ordered a van the day they got their supply issue ironed out?
I.e. if we don’t care that much about the 110v plug, should we just re-order without it?

I’d love to know a timeframe; if it’s a matter of weeks I’ll wait, if it’s another case like the power sliding door though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, that is frustrating that the 110v outlet will hold things up. Did not even want the 110v outlet, however it is a required option with the dual alternator on cargo vans and can not be removed. Ford should allow an option to delete the outlet on cargo vans due to this delay.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts