Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very minimal build. Kilmat and Thinsulate SM600 throughout for sound and insulation. Had a small upholster shop match the headliner to the front cab. Vanliner plastic wall paneling for the walls. Window coverings from Vandventure on Etsy. Slat bed that moves east to west but you sleep north to south making a Queen. I like having the option of the space inside if we want to bring bikes, kayaks, etc. When I bring my dirt bike I use a hitch carrier for it. Countertop with enough room for large cooler to open underneath for a basic kitchen. We do most of our cooking outside.

I wanted nothing on the roof and stick with a low profile look. Tires are BFG 245/75/16 with no lift and no rubbing even at full lock. I was able to get the dealership to install the tires and give me a credit on the stock ones when I picked it up.

Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive exterior

Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Air travel

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very nice, I like the simpler lighter builds, I got my 148 WB med roof finally on order
and plan on going similar route , I am going to send for a wall panel sample that they
offer on their web site, van looks great with oxford white and black rim and BF tires (y)
I got oxford white also:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome, light and practical build @HiDefJeff ! I have a 21' 148" MR AWD Crew and need studded tires here in Montana for my use. I have been going round and round on the FB Transit Group trying to find out if a 245/75/16 will fit on the AWD with NO added lift, alterations etc. My van does have the factory wheel well liners so it adds just a little bit of extra bulk where the plastic liner covers the pinch weld. Also, my studded tires have about 5,000 miles on them so they are likely not as meaty/bulky as your K02 treads when new.

Do you happen to have the factory wheel well liners on the front? How many miles approx with the bigger tires? Still no issues?

I kept my studded 245/75/16s off my old 2015 Transit with QuadVan 4x4 (2" lift from the 4x4 conversion). I sold the 2015 4x4 and now have a 21' AWD and assumed I'd need to lift the new van to accommodate the studded 245/75/16s but your post as well as some at least one other person says they will fit....

Thank you for any additional info!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, light and practical build @HiDefJeff ! I have a 21' 148" MR AWD Crew and need studded tires here in Montana for my use. I have been going round and round on the FB Transit Group trying to find out if a 245/75/16 will fit on the AWD with NO added lift, alterations etc. My van does have the factory wheel well liners so it adds just a little bit of extra bulk where the plastic liner covers the pinch weld. Also, my studded tires have about 5,000 miles on them so they are likely not as meaty/bulky as your K02 treads when new.

Do you happen to have the factory wheel well liners on the front? How many miles approx with the bigger tires? Still no issues?

I kept my studded 245/75/16s off my old 2015 Transit with QuadVan 4x4 (2" lift from the 4x4 conversion). I sold the 2015 4x4 and now have a 21' AWD and assumed I'd need to lift the new van to accommodate the studded 245/75/16s but your post as well as some at least one other person says they will fit....

Thank you for any additional info!
Yes I have the factory wheel well liners in the front. 2,500 miles with no issues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts