Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 2020 models about to hit the streets I thought it would be fun for people to say what features they wish the new 2020 model would have had that we didn't get.

Here are mine...

1 - New smaller diesel with AWD
2 - Crew van with dual sliding doors
3 - AWD available with dual sliding doors and dual rear wheels
4 - Power side steps on both sides
5 - A T350HD with the same 178" wheelbase as the Chassis cabs. That would reduce overhang by almost 3 feet and improve ride quality.

·
Registered
633 Posts
2000 watt inverter package that includes dual alternators and dual batteries with isolator.

Dual power sliders too.

Not buying another at least until 2022, so plenty of time from my perspective.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
CVM is collecting ideas he can share with his marketing contacts. on another Thread. You might switch replies to his since he has the contacts to possibly make them happen.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
47 Posts
swivel electric seats on the crew van
options for 2nd row seating on crew van
pop out or sliding windows on crew van
option for larger diameter tires

·
Registered
104 Posts
4X4 with low range
Much larger wheelwells
Same HP/torque as pickup's 3.5 Ecoboost

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
A roof that doesn't leak at the roof rack mount holes - plastic caps should have a gasket and not just be painted over
Updated water runoff management - no more leaks onto the engine, ecu, air filter
Updated exhaust manifold for the 3.5 ecoboost so they don't warp and break studs
update design of exhaust studs so they don't break
higher quality paint, more durable
Update the HVAC system so that the cold air is not constantly flowing against hot air

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hope Toyota has entered the cargo van market in the States and competes for head to head with MB, Ford, and Chrysler.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Hope Toyota has entered the cargo van market in the States and competes for head to head with MB, Ford, and Chrysler.
check out the Hyundai H350. Rumored to be coming to USA next year (has been rumored for several years now, so don't hold your breath)

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
My 2020 hopes and dreams:

Factory PHEV
8+ inches ground clearance
Adjustable elevation headlights
Auto folding side mirrors
Redesign of windshield gutter system

Some of these things might actually exist on the 2020. And some may be in the works for 2012-2022.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check out the Hyundai H350. Rumored to be coming to USA next year (has been rumored for several years now, so don't hold your breath)
I know GM still sells a crap load of Savana/Express vans but if they partnered with Iveco and imported the Daily they would steal a lot of sales from Ford, MB and RAM.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know GM still sells a crap load of Savana/Express vans but if they partnered with Iveco and imported the Daily they would steal a lot of sales from Ford, MB and RAM.
I doubt that will happen, I think the people who have controlling interest in the Ram Promaster also have controlling interest in Iveco Daily.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Most Transits are sold as fleet vehicles, not personal vehicles. Ford will always have the majority share of the full size van market simply due to brand recognition and fleet sales. Thinking some other company with a better product for less money will unseat them is folly. Hopefully other companies will provide a vehicle more in tune with what YOU as an individual want so you don't have to compromise and customize with a Transit/Sprinter/RamMaster.

I'm not sure if there will be anyone making a 4wd with 40" tires and 1000hp V8, with factory power swivel seats, quad alternators, triple gas tanks and all the other stuff people here seem to want from a factory delivery van.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not sure if there will be anyone making a 4wd with 40" tires and 1000hp V8, with factory power swivel seats, quad alternators, triple gas tanks and all the other stuff people here seem to want from a factory delivery van.
yes, but the personal Market for delivery vans has been growing

slowly ford has recognized this and there are more features being added.

for example you can get:

awd

dual alternators

crew van, unfortunately without side opening windows which actually appear to be an option in europe

swivel front seats, unfortunately only on the 2 way manual seats on the cargo van

it seems to me more Ground clearance as an option would be good for the commercial side as well

throw in a cutout or even factory installed roof van the transit is really close to the perfect van life vehicle

no need four quad alternators or 1000 hp

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - Cruise Control standard on all models.
2 - Relocated parking brake so I could spin the drivers seat without releasing the brake, and would have more room to move between the front seats.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
More:
improved turning radius so those who use it as a minivan/SUV replacement can still maneuver in mall parking lots the way they're used to.

acceptable mpg; 0-60 times be damned. (15mpg is just sooo retro, like 1971 retro)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts