Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Transit AWD High Roof EcoBoost
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I wanted to share my install video for the Nilight 52" light bar I mounted to my Flatline Van Co. Roof Rack. Overall very happy with the quality of the product and I've had it mounted for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier. I wired the harness to the CCP and routed the switch under the dash.

Video:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Nice, I put the same/similar one on mine 12 months ago but wired it up the Aux switches I had, so no relay required. I absolutely love it and Its been rock solid and saved our asses a few times. Love your reaction when you turned it on, I had the same :)

I quickly added a 42" on the back as well after learning the hard way that sometimes you have to reverse out of an unexpected dead end/wash out etc.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Cant say I have much faith in a hundred dollar light, I guess you can just pretend.
Lol keep paying too much then :)

Just hope you realize that you are only paying for the marketing and mark up. All of the CREE LEDs come out of the same factory and extruded Al is .. just that extruded Al.

Lights are like coolers, over-wheel trash carriers, traction pads etc., you can pay silly money for the leading brand or get the functional equivalent off-brand for 20-40% of the price.

Our $100 LED has been rock solid for more than a year now. I have bashed ours into countless trees and dropped stuff on it with zero problems. if it does ever fail it will still only be $100 to replace.

·
Registered
2020 T350 EB SRW AWD HR EL
971 Posts
Lol keep paying too much then :)

Just hope you realize that you are only paying for the marketing and mark up. All of the CREE LEDs come out of the same factory and extruded Al is .. just that extruded Al.

Lights are like coolers, over-wheel trash carriers, traction pads etc., you can pay silly money for the leading brand or get the functional equivalent off-brand for 20-40% of the price.

Our $100 LED has been rock solid for more than a year now. I have bashed ours into countless trees and dropped stuff on it with zero problems. if it does ever fail it will still only be $100 to replace.
Nothing wrong to use our money wisely.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Normally I would agree about buying crap versus name brand, but you can replace this light 13 times before you are at the cost of a Rigid light bar of that length.
I have decades in the automotive and aerospace industries and spent lots of time in the weeds of the supply chains.

With the mass off-shoring that happened, the sad reality is that at the very least, all the key components come from the same factories and more often that not that applies to the assembled product. Rigid, Yetti and many others are mostly brand management and product distribution companies. They talk up a storm about R&D, values, yadayada but in my experience, the reality doesn't match the image.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,536 Posts
Rigid was a well known plumbing supply company for many years, Now Rigid sells everything. Rigid is junk.
Are you mixing up Ridgid, the plumbing company who now makes tools, with Rigid Industries, who has only ever made LED lights? Different spelling.

I haven't been in my 20's for 30 years, but in the last 30 years and while I did learn not to buy junk, I also discovered that the most expensive option isn't always the best either. Back when I had a motorcycle shop I ordered some 4" square LED knock offs from a supplier in Taiwan who was at one of the dealer shows. Their $21 LED was the exact same light as the name brand $99 LED. If I unboxed both I had to mark them so I didn't mix them up.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I haven't been in my 20's for 30 years, but in the last 30 years and while I did learn not to buy junk, I also discovered that the most expensive option isn't always the best either. Back when I had a motorcycle shop I ordered some 4" square LED knock offs from a supplier in Taiwan who was at one of the dealer shows. Their $21 LED was the exact same light as the name brand $99 LED. If I unboxed both I had to mark them so I didn't mix them up.
They did not even have Bright Pure White LEDs until 10 years ago, Or are you talking those cheap Multi-Color White LEDs?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Fully repairable, No need the throw away and buy new.

I'm guessing you are somehow involved in one of the expensive companies :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.