Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the 2020 Transit split view camera is supposed to work? Does is show the rear view all of the time and not just when you're in Reverse? Anyone with any info on this? Thanks in advance - Jean

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Since Ford has not released any information about some of the NEW features on the 2020 Transit, we will have to wait and see what it looks like and how it functions. On the first ordered 2020 Ford Transit CrewVan via Matt Ford, it is equipped with ALL of the NEW 2020 features other than the AWD drivetrain so we can use it for a demo model to show everyone all of these features and how they function.

·
Premium Member
2020 Transit 350 AWD van long, medium roof
16 Posts
I have the front/rear camera. At low speeds the camera is functional, if you put it in reverse the back camera comes on. If you are in drive, and hit the camera button on the dash, the front camera comes on. The camera view has a choice between narrow and wide viewing angles. Have not found a way to have both front and rear on at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 Cargo T-350 LWB HR EB on order...
102 Posts
I have the front/rear camera. At low speeds the camera is functional, if you put it in reverse the back camera comes on. If you are in drive, and hit the camera button on the dash, the front camera comes on. The camera view has a choice between narrow and wide viewing angles. Have not found a way to have both front and rear on at the same time.
Thanks for the info! Are the cameras functional if the engine is not on? In other words, can they be used to discretely check the surroundings of the vehicle while camping inside?

·
Premium Member
2020 Transit 350 AWD van long, medium roof
16 Posts
Just checked, if you put the key into start (but don't start the engine) and hit the camera button, the front camera comes on. I couldn't find a way to display the back camera unless the engine is started and the gear is in R. I didn't check if the side sensors would activate without the engine started. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks CindyBearcats! Appreciate the feedback. Have been waiting on our van since October with this camera feature apparently holding up our build, was wondering if we should scrap it, but it sounds useful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts