Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick your favorite color. The new diffused silver is interesting and so is the new kapoor red. The green gem looks OK in the photo, but I can't remember ever seeing a green Transit.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
The fleet Yellow has been around for years, too bad you have to be a Fleet to buy one. My wife really wanted a yellow one, but was disappointed that it was not an option for us.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You can sometimes find a School Bus Yellow as a leftover cargo or passenger van when a dealer orders more vans to help out the fleet customer and ends up with one or two not taken. They can have some odd options and a lot of them tend to have the Pewter Vinyl seats.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm disappointed that Ford deleted the stone gray color for 2020. I think that would have been my choice. It looked a little more brown that gray. The diffused silver might have potential, but it's hard to tell from the small sample photos.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You might be able to find the Kapoor Red and Diffused Silver on a Transit Connect if you can find one on a Ford dealer lot.

Here is a online paint reference where you can click on to a Ford color and get a sample of it.

www.paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&year=2019&con=ym

Just click on the color you want to view and it brings it up in a larger block for you to see. They have combined BOTH the Transit Connect with the larger Ford Transit so it may confuse you seeing other colors that are not available on the larger Ford Transit.

Ford may continue the online site where you can click on a color chart and it will display the color on a large image of the Ford Transit on a cargo van or passenger van.
The current setup is just showing a Oxford White or Agate Black.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
As an Merikun, I would prefer Harvard White over the Oxford White. Maybe we can petition them to change the color.

·
Registered
184 Posts
"My Blue Jeans T350HD is a lot darker than the one shown in the first post and darker than my buddies Blue Jeans F250."

Ya.... I love the Blue Jeans on the pickups, it seams to be a lighter shade of blue and a lot more metallic?

Epps

·
Registered
618 Posts
"My Blue Jeans T350HD is a lot darker than the one shown in the first post and darker than my buddies Blue Jeans F250."

Ya.... I love the Blue Jeans on the pickups, it seams to be a lighter shade of blue and a lot more metallic?

Epps
Maybe we need a pictures of not white Transits thread?

Maybe the Transit colours are not as good because the option price for them is effectively nothing?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Blue Jeans T350HD is a lot darker than the one shown in the first post and darker than my buddies Blue Jeans F250.
I haven't seen a Blue Jeans Transit in person, but after seeing the photos posted on this forum, I thought the same thing. I do like that color. @GapRunr any regrets on choosing a dark color as far as heating up in the sun?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Some prospective buyers think it is expensive to order a non-white color on a Transit. A few colors are NO cost and the most for the current offered colors is $150. Choosing a special color like what Amazon wanted for their special R3X vans cost them $895 based on what we saw on their window sticker.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe we need a pictures of not white Transits thread?
I agree. I also follow the Mazda Miata forum and they have "Post your ..... color Miata photos here" threads. They were helpful in initially choosing a color and the threads usually expanded after someone would ask a question about wheels or the accessories. A good way to find additional things to spend $$$ on. ;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
With very few of Transit colors other than Oxford White on Ford dealer lots, it is hard for someone interested in a Transit to find one in one of the varied colors. You may find a few of the Ingot Silver and Magnetic Metallic as those seem to be the most popular colors, at least the ones ordered from Matt Ford.

It will be hard to find the 2 NEW 2020 colors, Kapoor Red and Diffused Silver on a Ford dealer lot but you may see the Kapoor Red on more of the passenger vans. One of the early display models was at the Dallas Auto Show in a SWB passenger van and it looks good. I would expect to see the Diffused Silver more on the cargo van with its light color being a good fit for buyers wanting a cooler temperature feel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I guess since I already bought my Transit I hope they don't come out with it now but I wish some of the cool non metallic colors that the Sprinters come in would've been available when I bought mine. I really like their brilliant blue and graphite gray and a few of the others.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts