Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
First time using the remote start fob (separate from key) since making the updates for the Cruise and it won’t start the van....anyone else have this problem too, or is it probably unrelated?
The van is less than a year old so it’s probably not the remote battery.

· Registered
847 Posts
First time using the remote start fob (separate from key) since making the updates for the Cruise and it won’t start the van....anyone else have this problem too, or is it probably unrelated?
The van is less than a year old so it’s probably not the remote battery.
Did you ever figure out what was the cause for the remote start not working

· Registered
15 Posts
Went back over the steps and the changes were not saved. I had not noticed that Forscan had said it was not connected to the vehicle but it still loaded the VIN # and showed me everything (which is confusing)....so on the second try I carefully went thru the process, noticing the not connected prompt, this was resolved by running Forscan in Windows 7 compatibility (I'm on a Windows 10 laptop) making sure the ignition is in the second of third "on" positions and everything worked.
To summarize:
  • purchase same year steering wheel with cruise control buttons
  • download and license FORscan (including USB drivers)
  • purchase ELM327 OBD2 USB adapter
  • change the BCM cruise configuration to "with cruise control"
  • change the SCCM 724-02-01 address to B008 7000 0056
BOOM everything worked!
Thanks guys!
Hi! Do you think this process will follow the same for a 2015 Transit?

· Registered
4 Posts
First and foremost l would like to thank
dinocarsfast
for all the help getting my cruise to work in my Van.

To get cruise to work in my van that already had steering wheel controls for my dash info screen and for my bluetooth and radio controls I simply replaced the steering wheel with a used one from ebay from a wrecked van that had the additional cruise control buttons on it. The clock spring didn't need changed on my vehicle as the wiring harness had all the correct connectors/pinouts. Next was the tricky part. I brought my van to the local dealer. That was a waste of several hours worth of diagnostics charges because they couldn't help me. I give the tech credit because he tried but his software wouldn't allow him to change it. I knew upfront that I was getting billed for the hours with or without success. Lesson learned. I went online and bought the forscan tool from ebay. Mine is the forscan pro model. I downloaded the software and installed it and followed the directions from forscan.org to get the liscense key. Next I changed the setting in the bcm (not the as built module) for with cruise control.
View attachment 154809
That still didn't fix my issues. I had a couple of DTC codes that my steering wheel buttons didn't work.
View attachment 154810
Next I was advised by dinocarsfast to go to the sccm and change my hexadecimal codes as follows. After I did this my DTC went away and my cruise and info screen in my dash started working. It is address 724-02-01. the original numbers were B028 B000 00B6. The new numbers are B008 7000 0056. I changed those and it now works like a factory cruise optioned van.
View attachment 154811

View attachment 154812
View attachment 154813
View attachment 154814

· Registered
4 Posts
First and foremost l would like to thank
dinocarsfast
for all the help getting my cruise to work in my Van.

To get cruise to work in my van that already had steering wheel controls for my dash info screen and for my bluetooth and radio controls I simply replaced the steering wheel with a used one from ebay from a wrecked van that had the additional cruise control buttons on it. The clock spring didn't need changed on my vehicle as the wiring harness had all the correct connectors/pinouts. Next was the tricky part. I brought my van to the local dealer. That was a waste of several hours worth of diagnostics charges because they couldn't help me. I give the tech credit because he tried but his software wouldn't allow him to change it. I knew upfront that I was getting billed for the hours with or without success. Lesson learned. I went online and bought the forscan tool from ebay. Mine is the forscan pro model. I downloaded the software and installed it and followed the directions from forscan.org to get the liscense key. Next I changed the setting in the bcm (not the as built module) for with cruise control.
View attachment 154809
That still didn't fix my issues. I had a couple of DTC codes that my steering wheel buttons didn't work.
View attachment 154810
Next I was advised by dinocarsfast to go to the sccm and change my hexadecimal codes as follows. After I did this my DTC went away and my cruise and info screen in my dash started working. It is address 724-02-01. the original numbers were B028 B000 00B6. The new numbers are B008 7000 0056. I changed those and it now works like a factory cruise optioned van.
View attachment 154811

View attachment 154812
View attachment 154813
View attachment 154814
Is all you had to do is change the hexadecimal I did that and my right controls work but the cruse control and volume up and volume down on the left side doesn't

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2021 ford transit ans I'm adding factory cruse control I have activated the cruse control and changed the hexadecimal the right controls on the steering are working fine but the left controls with the cruse control doesn't can you please let me know of anything else I can do to get it to work

· Registered
14 Posts
Reviving necrothread here....

Does anyone know if it is possible to simply swap out the button cluster on the steering wheel and then reprogram with FORScan as the OP has done?

Something like this?

My van is a 2022 without cruise control. I made the mistake of not adding the "adaptive cruise control" to my order, assuming it would come standard with regular cruise. Now I have no cruise control at all.

Thanks

· Registered
847 Posts
Reviving necrothread here....

Does anyone know if it is possible to simply swap out the button cluster on the steering wheel and then reprogram with FORScan as the OP has done?

Something like this?

My van is a 2022 without cruise control. I made the mistake of not adding the "adaptive cruise control" to my order, assuming it would come standard with regular cruise. Now I have no cruise control at all.

Thanks
My guess is that it should work but you might also need to buy the harness that connects that bezel to the steering angle sensor aka clock spring. When I googled that part though it seems to be for a festiva or another model other than the transit so idk it might be better to just find the part that is made for a transit.

· Registered
14 Posts
My guess is that it should work but you might also need to buy the harness that connects that bezel to the steering angle sensor aka clock spring. When I googled that part though it seems to be for a festiva or another model other than the transit so idk it might be better to just find the part that is made for a transit.
It does look identical on the picture, you may be right might be better to get clock spring and wheel confirmed for Transit.

I will need to educate myself in FORScan and how to get it and use it. I fix machines for a living but I don't mess with computer programming.

I just wish Ford had put a big banner on the website saying "if you don't add Adapitve Cruise Control, you won't have cruise control at all". What a goof. Ugh

· Registered
847 Posts
It does look identical on the picture, you may be right might be better to get clock spring and wheel confirmed for Transit.
I believe you are confusing other pre 2020 vans that needed a clock spring, I think 2020 vans only need the steering wheel. If you get a wheel from another vehicle it could look the same but it could still be small differences like the diameter of a fiesta wheel might be smaller. Or maybe an internal component error once it is installed.

· Registered
14 Posts
Anybody got a Ford factory part number for the 2020-2022 steering wheel with cruise buttons?
Am having trouble finding a used one. If it's not crazy expensive, might be better to order from Ford. My VIN obviously is not gonna generate the correct part number.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2021 ford transit ans I'm adding factory cruse control I have activated the cruse control and changed the hexadecimal the right controls on the steering are working fine but the left controls with the cruse control doesn't can you please let me know of anything else I can do to get it to work

I'm having same issue. Went through process entered code etc, buttons on cluster don't work, cruise doesn't work yet. Were you able to troubleshoot this?

· Registered
14 Posts
UPDATE:

OK all. I was able to follow the instructions in the OP and successfully added cruise control to my 2022 AWD 150. I downloaded the free version of FORscan, as well as the free 2 month license. I purchased the recommended OBD adapter and found a steering wheel from a wrecked 2020 Transit at a wrecking yard in Ohio. I believe I found it by running a search on car-parts.com. I called the wrecking yard to make sure it was still available, and then placed the order.

Steering wheel: $85 shipped (excellent condition, no airbag)
OBDII adapter: $60
Time to install: free - had a light day at work

Some info left out of the OP:

You have to click "write" after making your change. Then hit the "stop" key, and then go back in and check to make sure that the change was made. Your headlights will blink a couple of times after you hit "write".

There were a ton of options when turning on cruise control. The first one just says "cruise control", but there are a bunch of options having to do with adaptive this and that. I just wanted normal cruise control so I selected the first option. I don't know if my vehicle is capable of the adaptive features, it does have the stupid lane avoidance stuff which I usually keep off anyway, so I am guessing it is, but I didn't want to mess with stuff too much, I just wanted regular cruise control.

I did have to pop the airbag out of my old wheel and transfer it to the new wheel. This was not difficult once I figured out how the clips work. I recommend a small handheld mirror and flashlight to shine into the release ports in the back of the wheel so you can see what you are doing, as well as disconnect the negative battery terminal before doing this.

FYI I did NOT have the option of ordering this vehicle with anything LESS than the expensive adaptive cruise system, so the fact that I was able to avoid the high tech stuff while doing this is a big bonus. Shame on Ford for not giving folks the options on the technology that is truly available with these vehicles. Why, it's almost like they want to swindle us out of more money. Jeez, who woulda thought?

I was able to do this even though I am not an IT type of guy. I don't know how to code a thing.

Good luck all, and thanks again to all of you guys who take the time to post this stuff online. I drive a lot of freeway miles, this is a real game-changer for me.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts