Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 350 AWD 148 HR CREW
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been going through some heavy rain in Seattle this season. And I noticed on a few occasions rain is leaking through the seals from the top of the rear cargo doors. Has anyone else have these issues? Should I take it back to the dealership for them to fix? Or is there a quick fix to this?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why wouldn't you take it to dealer to at least get it documented?

I'm all for self fixes, but for 40K plus for a tin box, cover yourself

·
Registered
2020 T-250 AWD Blue MR 148" WB 3.5
18 Posts
I actually noticed something similar on my brand new 2020 but it was in the form of trails of dried dirty wet streaks I kinda guessed it was from melting snow combined with our dirt roads getting into the van somehow. And then I forgot about it until you mentioned this.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Take it to the dealer and leave it for 3-4 days, or adjust the strike bolt to close the doors tighter in about 5 minutes.
I would definitely try to take it by and have them see it, just in case it's a mfg defect. I know a lot of the sliders were/are warped; those are big doors. The door gaskets SHOULD compensate for minor warpage, though.

Reactions: Nctacoma

·
Registered
2020 350 AWD 148 HR CREW
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I'm scheduled to take my van in for them to repair the roof damage that was done prior to my purchasing it. I will mention the leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts