Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a 2020 AWD 250 Cargo 148” HR (2RX) on October 18th and my dealer is saying it still has not been scheduled.

I’d be interested to hear if others are experiencing similar delays.

What’s your order date, vehicle specs, and schedule timing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
We ordered a R3U LWB Extended Length HR 3.5L PFDI AWD on 11/14 and was assigned a VIN and build date for the week of 1/27/2020. This Tue 12/10 I checked for the window sticker and was surprised to see that it is available which indicates the build is pending. I checked with the dealer and he said it is scheduled to be built next week.

Our dealer told us that he has plenty of allocations which might have helped. We have many of the standard options but stayed away from the fancy electronics which could be slowing down some orders. We do have the reverse sensing system with fog lights and swivel seats with push down parking brake but it appears that these have not caused the order problems that CrewVanMan warned about.

We actually would have preferred to receive the van late Feb to early March which is the reason we waited on ordering until when we did.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Here are some production updates I just got via a plant connection on arrival at Matt Ford today.

Current order to BUILD DATE is running 15 to 17 weeks with a possible longer time for HR & HR Extended models

...Orders involving the 2.0L Diesel engine have been moved from April to March 24th for starting build dates
...Orders involving the Power Sliding Side Door still showing March 2nd for starting build dates
...ANY orders involving some of the NEW electronic packages may be held up due to vendor supply issues.....if you have a VIN and your order has changed dates to a later date, then your order may be affected by this.

If you have a order still in the 'Clean - Unscheduled' listing on the dealer Vehicle Visibility, then it may be due to any of the above situations.

Even the Matt Ford CrewVan that was showing going into production on December 3rd with a build date of December 17th has been moved BACK AGAIN....NOW to WEEK of January 20th. We have a online window sticker as if the vehicle is going into the 10 day window for build but system is telling us otherwise.

This CrewVan was ordered in mid-JULY so who has been waiting LONG???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered 9/17 250 EL HR AWD EcoBoost. Opted for the 8" Sync with XM, Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot, Reverse Sensing. Dealer said build date is 1/3 however the vehicle order tracking shows it is now In Production, window sticker is not available though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered a X9Y LR AWD 148 Passenger van about September 23rd or so. It has some of the new electronics. I am still waiting for a vin.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Ordered 9/17 250 EL HR AWD EcoBoost. Opted for the 8" Sync with XM, Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot, Reverse Sensing. Dealer said build date is 1/3 however the vehicle order tracking shows it is now In Production, window sticker is not available though.

Guess your not using the correct link to the online window sticker as it is available.

www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR3UG2LKA21187

You also have to understand going into production is not really the BUILD DATE. The build date is actually the date it goes to the assembly line. Production date means the beginning of putting together certain parts of the Transit...building the body shell, starting the build for the carriage with the front end assembly and getting the engine in place before it goes together with the front suspension merging with the Unibody shell and the rear axle assembly being attached to the body. Then it starts its journey down the assembly line for the build adding the rest of the parts going to a finished vehicle.

View attachment 131079

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is all good info. Thanks folks.

Is there a way to confirm if/when a dealer submitted the order to Ford?

At what point in the order process can a vehicle be tracked through Ford by the buyer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think your window sticker can be found here:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?VIN=1FTBR3Ug2lka21187

I'm not positive but I think the number on the bottom of the window sticker shows the anticipated build date which in your case is 1/3/2020. The number is in the format YYYYMMDD as shown in the following snip:

My window sticker appears to show a anticipated build date of 12/19/2019:

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
LeakyTiki

Giving out the WRONG information about the dates on the online window sticker. This information has been out since this forum has been online.

The date at the bottom of the online window sticker is the date the DEALER IS BILLED FOR THE TRANSIT. The 12/12/2019 date is that date. The date at the top of the window sticker with the sequence 120200103 is the PROJECTED BUILD DATE for the Transit, which decodes as 1 2020 01 03. That date is placed there once the online window sticker is built and can change based on certain assembly line updates.

The actual window sticker will NEVER show the build date at the top. It only shows the dealer billing date just like is shown on the online window sticker.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LeakyTiki

Giving out the WRONG information about the dates on the online window sticker. This information has been out since this forum has been online.

The date at the bottom of the online window sticker is the date the DEALER IS BILLED FOR THE TRANSIT. The 12/12/2019 date is that date. The date at the top of the window sticker with the sequence 120200103 is the PROJECTED BUILD DATE for the Transit, which decodes as 1 2020 01 03. That date is placed there once the online window sticker is built and can change based on certain assembly line updates.

The actual window sticker will NEVER show the build date at the top. It only shows the dealer billing date just like is shown on the online window sticker.
CrewVanMan, thanks for the clarification although I think you may have misread my post about the projected build date. The date code that I referred to is located at the bottom right corner of the window sticker and appears to be the same number as shown as the blend number that you listed as the projected build date so it appears that we might be in agreement. I included a snip of the date code in my earlier post because I thought there might be some confusion about what date I was referring to but it looks like I did not succeed in being clear.

We'll see next week whether my build date is correct. Although I have a window sticker my VIN still does not show up on the order tracking web site so I would not be surprised if there might be a delay. It's also interesting that my window sticker shows convoy transportation for transport to the PNW.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered a MR 130wb AWD XLT in October with all the electronics, no build date yet. If builds aren't scheduled until Feb at this point anyone have an idea of the likelihood my order pushes into March? If so, could I just change to a 148 AWD w/ eco and the power door or would that be a new order. Also, would that set my build back even further in the orders if I wait to make that change? or would my "spot" be maintained?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Ford keeps backing up build dates on ordered 2020 Transits with VINs as well as not scheduling orders for more Transit with some of the NEW Electronic packages that are delayed due to vendor supply issues.

If you have a order that has NOT been issued a VIN, you can make certain changes to it if not locked in on specific options through the Ford order system. Your example of making a change to a different body style may be locked out as far as the Ford system but your dealer can go in and try to make it happen. Going with the Power Sliding Side Door already has a 'Material HOLD' on it until March 2nd so it would not help get you a earlier build date. Your order date spot would not change but that may not give you any more priority to get a earlier build date.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts