Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD High Roof Extended in Silver Ingot.
149 Posts
Did you get TWO at the factory and they both work? The issue isn’t that a single one can’t be replaced - it can. But it seems the 2020 system only allows one keypad. As soon as you add a new one, it removes the old one (if there was one).
No, just one at the factory and one at the dealership that was not programmed. Where have you seen/heard/read/found that if you add a new one, it removes the old one?

·
Super Moderator
3,610 Posts
...If the batteries can't be replaced that means when the battery dies, so does that option?? Nah, there is a way...
On the previous version, they say that they battery can't be replaced, but what they mean is that there is no battery compartment that opens up for replacement. If you separate the housing you can replace the 2032 battery.

·
Super Moderator
3,610 Posts
Would know if this works for vehicles with PATS?
PATS should not matter, the scant instructions don't address programming the keypad to the van.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
PATS should not matter, the scant instructions don't address programming the keypad to the van.
Thanks. I need to wait, since I plan to try the $75 OEM accessory remote start install, an I see there are 2 different keypads depending on whether or not the van has that feature.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The user @seangalla said he has two working. I sent him a message a few days ago and haven't heard back. Wiill surely update if I do, or maybe he will post here after being tagged.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
451 Posts
I'm suspicious they've increased the security so replicating that isn't in the public domain just yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like you gotta use IDS. I believe 8 is the limit total for keyfobs and keypads.
You have to problem all units at same time to have them all active. Soon as you start process and add one it will delete all existing keyfobs so you must pair those again. But the answer is yes you can add more then 1 keypad if you aren’t over the total limit of 8 devices. So you could have 4 fobs, and 4 keypads essentially.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks like you gotta use IDS. I believe 8 is the limit total for keyfobs and keypads.
You have to problem all units at same time to have them all active. Soon as you start process and add one it will delete all existing keyfobs so you must pair those again. But the answer is yes you can add more then 1 keypad if you aren’t over the total limit of 8 devices. So you could have 4 fobs, and 4 keypads essentially.
Where did you get the info you have to use IDS? Is IDS a dealer only thing?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Makes sense, but where did this info come from? I would like to know what to reference when I go to the dealer to get these programmed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sitting in my 2020 van unable to program my keyless entry pad. Anyone ever figure this out?
No but I think a bunch of people are followed this thread. The dealer quoted me 180 bucks US

·
Registered
2019 T250 R2Y 3.5EB 3.73LS
235 Posts
You need to take this with a pinch of salt. I think this is for a 2020 that came with 2 extra keys and without a keypad ....

Someone with FORscan and a 2020 / 2021 could check it out.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts