Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a keypad off Amazon but for the life of me I can't get the vehicle into programming mode. cycle 8 time, 4 times, ending in run, end in off. I've tried every combo and just cant even get into programming mode to even try and pair the keypad.

Any advise? Owners manual has instructions but they are the same as online and dont work.

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
Assuming the 2020 is the same as previous years, the trick is to get just the right speed and cadence to your key cycling and remembering whether to stop in the on or off position. Too fast or slow or non-rhythmic will give you trouble. Keep trying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my 2020. I suspect it has something to do with how PATS is implemented in the 2020.

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
FWIW the 2020 Ford build and price page shows what looks to be the same stick-on remote. Maybe someone with a 2020 that came with a keypad can clarify if this is accurate or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with my 2020. Can't seem to get into program mode. When they say turn key to on, is that two clicks? Anyone with a new van get it programmed?

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts
FWIW @[email protected] included this image of the keypad on the 2020 van that @ecrogers1 has and it is slightly different on the face. Not sure if programming and implementation is different or not.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't all the 2020's have remote start through the Ford app? Mine does.
The question still remains as to being able to program without going into the dealer.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
There are instructions that come inside the remote keyless entry box that should be in your Transit glove box. It is the same one that you can purchase over-the-counter at the Ford dealer.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I got a keypad off Amazon but for the life of me I can't get the vehicle into programming mode. cycle 8 time, 4 times, ending in run, end in off. I've tried every combo and just cant even get into programming mode to even try and pair the keypad.

Any advise? Owners manual has instructions but they are the same as online and dont work.
If you got the keyless entry remote with the part number for the 2020 Transit it won't work for the earlier models. At one point, we took all of the earlier ones that Matt Ford had in stock and sold them at a discount to get them off the shelf.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the wrong one on amazon. Still looking to figure out however to even get the 2020 into programming mode.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also, I guess the other reason I want to see the instructions before buying is that I'll then know for sure that I can program myself and not have to pay the dealer.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Best to buy the remote keyless entry pad from the Ford parts department and get the correct one for your vehicle. We kept the correct ones for the 2015-19 in stock for adding to our customer Transit vehicles and once Ford made the change on the 2020 model, we are stocking the new one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I get everything your saying but if it can't be self programmed whats the point? That's why I want to see instructions.

So, any chance you can post the installation directions for a 2020 keypad install?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts