Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought the Forscan in advance of any information coming out, and was wondering if anyone has the spreadsheet or can give the code changes for the following:

1. Bambi mode (Highbeams with Fogs)

2. Wifi timout function (I want to extend it or try to keep it on as long as possible)

3. Disable Audio browse lockout feature on head unit while browsing music.

4. Disable seat swivel chime. (I like using the Wifi while parked and this is not an option with the chime barking at me.)

5. Disable "Keep hands on steering wheel" warning that flashes on the information center. I drive in the midwest and this thing keeps barking at me while my hands are actually on the wheel. I have to wiggle the steering wheel to deactivate it, which I feel is dangerous and ridiculous at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Many of the features are saved in the central configuration format and with forscan the features are labeled and easy to decipher. If you are wondering about changing binary in the module configuration in forscan the way the most of the features are changed in the F150s and such then I would try using the same spreadsheets that the F150s use but in most cases you will find that the addressed location are not modifiable in the Transits but the ones are accessible in in both I have found to work on out vehicles too

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have the full windows Forscan, it is totally free. I get an extended license for free whenever I need to make a change, which is not often.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You found a way around paying, but if you want the full features it is not free, unless you do your "workaround". Maybe that is why they have no resources to develop it ;)
They don’t limit how many times you renew the free trial, I think it is their way of keeping track how much people use the software

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You found a way around paying, but if you want the full features it is not free, unless you do your "workaround". Maybe that is why they have no resources to develop it ;)
I do have "full features" and did not pay a dime. There is no workaround. It is right there on their website, I screenshotted it for you. I am sorry you paid.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been meaning to get forscan going to fix the hands on wheel and other issues. What's the best adapter? I ordered a dual ms/hs no switch necessary usb obd2 reader off Amazon since reviewers seem to say android models didn't do everything so they ended up using windows anyways, and some said for Bluetooth models you had to be within 5 feet of the reader, at which point the cable version seemed better since it would likely be more stable. Any thoughts? I'd love to just use my phone but if it won't do everything and it's mostly just making a change then leaving it alone, that seemed to make cable to Windows laptop seem best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts