Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting to see the 2020 AWDs showing up on a nationwide CarGuru search. There were 60 listed this morning -- even a few non-white models. I'm guessing that few if any are actually at the lots, but it's interesting to see how the prices compare to MSRP. One dealer in Washington is already offering $4,600 below MSRP. Most are not advertising anything close yet. Washington would be a long drive for me, but hey, I could stop at some of those window and roof rack shops on the West Coast and load up the parts I need before returning to Pennsylvania. Road trip! :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I think you need to write a check for the $37,604 amount and see if they will sell it to you.

Dealers publish ALL of the various rebates that you can apply for but FORD only accepts the Ford cash rebate and one other rebate in most cases. The dealer has to input the rebates on the Ford system to see which ones will be released to the dealer. That CONDITIONAL PRICE they are showing would be if Ford allowed ALL of the listed rebates and I can tell you that won't happen.

NOW...here is the dealer you are referring to so EVERYONE can see what you are talking about! Ford of Clermont, Clermont, Florida.

Of the listed rebates the dealer is showing, how many of them would you actually qualify for?
Do you own a GM Full Size Van to be able to get that $2500 rebate?
If you have the GM van, then you can't get the other Competitive rebate for $1000.
Can you qualify for the Military rebate? First Responder rebate?

I think after you ACTUALLY see and ready carefully the dealer ad, you should be able to figure out you won't get that $37,604 price!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i was guessing a little hanky lanky from the dealer. It would be fun to try. Here‘s my check $37k from a Nigerian bank, where is my van?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is a live listing with actual photos of a 2020 AWD MR 148". The shown price (Dealer's Price) is below MSRP but I'm sure doesn't include a potential short or long list of associate fees. It's cool to see some actual photos of units starting to roll in. After looking around cargurus 2020 Transit selection a few other dealers have actual 2020 units in stock (just use the filters to find them- not many tho).

Most listed (Dealer's Price) are a little under MSRP. Cheers!

I can't post the link (first post) so just head over to cargurus and search around :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd really like to look over a couple of the 2020s in person before ordering mine. I'd like to take a look at some of the different options like the 10-way leather seats, console sizes, etc. It would be great to find one on a lot somewhere in a few months that meets my build plans, but I'm not too hopeful.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Send me a PM with your location by zip and city and I can see what 2020 models may be in your area. You would have to give me the details about the option you want to look at. Finding one with the leather seating may be a problem this early unless it is a customer ordered vehicle and it may not stay very long at the dealership.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you take a look at the options on these 2020 Transits? If they are what you want, don't just talk about them....go buy them!
Nope, not yet. I have in mind an AWD magnetic gray 250 cargo long high top with adaptive cruise control, cross traffic nanny, swivel seats, 3.5 turbo, 8-inch screen, and larger fuel tank. Doubt I'll find that on a lot, but you never know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
23 Posts
i was guessing a little hanky lanky from the dealer. It would be fun to try. Here‘s my check $37k from a Nigerian bank, where is my van?
I ran into that when I bought my 2019 Transit Connect - I didn't qualify for all the rebates but I did qualify for several including a Farm Bureau Insurance rebate. Worked out to a real good price, I thought. Some dealers in my area are putting 2020s on their websites but I don't think they have them yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you need to write a check for the $37,604 amount and see if they will sell it to you.

Dealers publish ALL of the various rebates that you can apply for but FORD only accepts the Ford cash rebate and one other rebate in most cases. The dealer has to input the rebates on the Ford system to see which ones will be released to the dealer. That CONDITIONAL PRICE they are showing would be if Ford allowed ALL of the listed rebates and I can tell you that won't happen.

NOW...here is the dealer you are referring to so EVERYONE can see what you are talking about! Ford of Clermont, Clermont, Florida.

Of the listed rebates the dealer is showing, how many of them would you actually qualify for?
Do you own a GM Full Size Van to be able to get that $2500 rebate?
If you have the GM van, then you can't get the other Competitive rebate for $1000.
Can you qualify for the Military rebate? First Responder rebate?

I think after you ACTUALLY see and ready carefully the dealer ad, you should be able to figure out you won't get that $37,604 price!
So if someone were to order a Transit from Matt Ford or their local dealer today, what would be a reasonable discount below MSRP they should expect to see?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
So if someone were to order a Transit from Matt Ford or their local dealer today, what would be a reasonable discount below MSRP they should expect to see?
The discount is based on the MSRP of the body style you order. The larger body styles tend to have a higher discount when it goes into the pricing system. The options have the same percentage except the ones that are related to that specific body style.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That does look really close to what I want. I'm a bit too far away to drive to K. City for a look, but will be looking at local models when they show up and then make a decision. I won't mind a road trip to get one when the time comes.
Don't expect to see a local one show up on the dealer lot like that one. It was ordered for a customer and most dealers would not attempt to order something like it for a stock ordered unit. I am able to order something like it for a stock ordered unit since I have a different viewing audience through the Transit forum. I have done that for some 2018 & 2019 models in the HR cargo vans and the MR passenger vans and those have sold in most cases before they were built. That was the case for the 9 stock ordered Transits I had in 2019 that were all sold other than one that was a dealer transfer to a customer who did not want to make the trip to Kansas City so his local dealer bought it from us and picked it up for the customer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts