Ford Transit USA Forum banner

201 - 220 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD Transit 250 MR
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Another great powder day but the lines were crazy long so I left early and did a little work on the van.
I bought an adapter (I guess you'd call it that? ) to mount the Lagun table to. It Installed really easy and it's really solid!
20210129_170959.jpg

20210129_150225.jpg
20210129_150453.jpg
20210129_161349.jpg

I made a prototype table for now, my neighbor makes cutting boards and tables so next week we're going to make one for the van.
20210129_161340.jpg
20210129_161929.jpg
20210129_162235.jpg

20210129_162018.jpg

20210129_160153.jpg

I can remove the table and it becomes the platform for my bed, I'm going to install another Lagun table in the back of the van that'll become the rest of the bed platform.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
681 Posts
Totally that table mount adapter thing. Link?

Brought the van up to Mammoth for the first time. Did great in the snow without chains; those stock tires aren't /that/ bad. 7-9 feet on the hill since Tuesday... 😨 Come on down. We've got another bed free in the condo. 😁

·
Registered
2020 AWD Transit 250 MR
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·

Brought the van up to Mammoth for the first time. Did great in the snow without chains; those stock tires aren't /that/ bad. 7-9 feet on the hill since Tuesday... 😨 Come on down. We've got another bed free in the condo. 😁
What!! How long are you staying there? That's a generous offer and of course I'd chip in for that!!
I was thinking of coming down on Wednesday or possibly Monday morning. Mammoth did get the most snow, I think HWY 395 is still closed?
Yesterday's drive up Mt Rose was crazy and my stock tires did amazing!! I did go into low gear once or twice!! My tires didn't spin once!!

·
Registered
2020 AWD Transit 250 MR
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·

Opppps, here's the link. Fast shipping and it's really sturdy, I was surprised at the quality!!
stormtroopintransit on Instagram

·
Registered
11 Posts
Opppps, here's the link. Fast shipping and it's really sturdy, I was surprised at the quality!!
stormtroopintransit on Instagram

Awesome thread.

Did I miss the link to the table adapter? I’m not seeing anything on the insta either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2020 AWD Transit 250 MR
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Awesome thread.

Did I miss the link to the table adapter? I’m not seeing anything on the insta either.

Sorry, just search stormtroopintransit on Insta

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
481 Posts
I don't understand - Instagram is for posting photos. I found Login • Instagram but when I click on it, there's nothing but photos (makes sense - that's Instagram). I can't scroll more than a page before it insists I log in, but I don't have an Instagram account so it locks me on the login page even if I revisit.

Anyone have an actual link to something where it says 'if you wanna buy this bracket, do X'?

·
Registered
2020 AWD Transit 250 MR
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Just search for stormtroopintransit and send him a message, that how I got in contact with him.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
481 Posts
When I click on the Instagram link it now wants me to log in - won't show me a thing unless I do. Instagram hates anyone who doesn't have an account. Surely there must be someone in the world who sells quality Lagun mounting brackets for Transits and who doesn't rely on a photo sharing website as their ecommerce platform. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Or maybe I should also expand my search for someone who sells them via Tinder, Grindr, or Skype.

·
Registered
352 Posts
When I click on the Instagram link it now wants me to log in - won't show me a thing unless I do. Instagram hates anyone who doesn't have an account. Surely there must be someone in the world who sells quality Lagun mounting brackets for Transits and who doesn't rely on a photo sharing website as their ecommerce platform. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Or maybe I should also expand my search for someone who sells them via Tinder, Grindr, or Skype.
I understand not wanting yet another account to log into, but Instagram may have significant value to you if you are planning to do the campervan (#vanlife) thing. In fact, that's my primary use for the service. I find both build ideas and places to go ideas.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I understand not wanting yet another account to log into, but Instagram may have significant value to you if you are planning to do the campervan (#vanlife) thing. In fact, that's my primary use for the service. I find both build ideas and places to go ideas.
This site is the closest I have ever come to being involved in social media. Are you telling me I can't hold out any longer. I guess the van bracket guy isn't interested in the old luddite curmudgeon market. I thought I was a market of one. Apparently there may be others? Perhaps we should start a "group" on line somewhere. I suppose I could work around the problem by asking one of my (grown) kids for help. They already laugh at me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This site is the closest I have ever come to being involved in social media. Are you telling me I can't hold out any longer. I guess the van bracket guy isn't interested in the old luddite curmudgeon market. I thought I was a market of one. Apparently there may be others? Perhaps we should start a "group" on line somewhere. I suppose I could work around the problem by asking one of my (grown) kids for help. They already laugh at me.
I pinged him on insta.

If he gets back to me I’ll let u know.

·
Registered
2021 High Roof, AWB, EcoBoost
75 Posts
Don’t worry NJVagabond, you are not alone. I did all the soch when we worked our own business, and hen we ended that I was thrilled to cancel them all- Blackberry Messenger, Twitter, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, our website. I can always find a business to work with who is not 100% reliant on FaceBook or Instagram. That said, almost 100% of my purchases are online, since we live in the sticks. Or, A local fabrication shop can make you a mount with little problem. So can Hein at DIY Van.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Don’t worry NJVagabond, you are not alone. I did all the soch when we worked our own business, and hen we ended that I was thrilled to cancel them all- Blackberry Messenger, Twitter, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, our website. I can always find a business to work with who is not 100% reliant on FaceBook or Instagram. That said, almost 100% of my purchases are online, since we live in the sticks. Or, A local fabrication shop can make you a mount with little problem. So can Hein at DIY Van.
Thanks for reaching out .Not worried at all. Self deprecating humor is my specialty and I feel bad when nice folks like you and @dethrok reach out to help. I am actually pretty savvy with on line research and procurement. A huge amount of my purchases are on line too. It is unfortunate the toll that the cost and convenience advantage on line has taken on locals that would provide service. I frequently try to reach out to smaller on line companies for support in my research and that experience will influence my purchase decisions. There is a value to that beyond the few bucks you might save elsewhere.

I just find it crazy when companies essentially work only through social media. Maybe I am wrong, but I think they are giving up a huge market. For example last I looked there were a decent number of old dudes building vans too. I'd bet on average they have more disposable income than the crowd that mostly lives on social media. Think about the fact that based on my participation in this forum I have determined the @Bazz99's opinion is credible and this product that recall noticing somewhere else on line is in fact very good quality and might be worth buying but no can do without Insta (as the cool kids call it). It's not like it's all or nothing when it comes to peoples footprints on line.

BTW - I think I may lead the league on this site in posts with imbedded hyperlinks. However, I have also been reprimanded for excessive use of emojis :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for reaching out .Not worried at all. Self deprecating humor is my specialty and I feel bad when nice folks like you and @dethrok reach out to help. I am actually pretty savvy with on line research and procurement. A huge amount of my purchases are on line too. It is unfortunate the toll that the cost and convenience advantage on line has taken on locals that would provide service. I frequently try to reach out to smaller on line companies for support in my research and that experience will influence my purchase decisions. There is a value to that beyond the few bucks you might save elsewhere.

I just find it crazy when companies essentially work only through social media. Maybe I am wrong, but I think they are giving up a huge market. For example last I looked there were a decent number of old dudes building vans too. I'd bet on average they have more disposable income than the crowd that mostly lives on social media. Think about the fact that based on my participation in this forum I have determined the @Bazz99's opinion is credible and this product that recall noticing somewhere else on line is in fact very good quality and might be worth buying but no can do without Insta (as the cool kids call it). It's not like it's all or nothing when it comes to peoples footprints on line.

BTW - I think I may lead the league on this site in posts with imbedded hyperlinks. However, I have also been reprimanded for excessive use of emojis :)
He got back to me $100 plus shipping.

Thinking as that is a bit steep - might make my own.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts

Yea. Thanks for getting back to me. Sounds about right for a low volume specialty item. Do you have contact info should I decide to go that route in the future?

·
Registered
2020 AWD Transit 250 MR
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·

I thought it was expansive too!! But I will say it's very good quality and I don't think I could've made one that good!! But if you can make it, I say go for it!! I also think that guy that sells the 3m insulation is also over priced big time but I did buy the roof mount brackets from him for like $50 each and they worked out well. I still felt like I was getting ripped off too!! Good Luck in your build!!
20201025_150802.jpg

201 - 220 of 262 Posts