Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Will you be switching to aftermarket wheels?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the Ultra wheel, there isn't much else available for the AWD.
I work for a wheel company in California and we are exploring wheels for this new application!

Feel free to point out some features, finishes, sizes and anything else you'd like to see on the new wheels!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd like to see something with a more defined spoke and which doesn't stick out so far. I think a dark bronze wheel would look neat on our red van. What would be your timing for production and sales?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I intend to switch to aftermarket once the right wheel becomes an option. When I ordered mine I didn't know about the bolt pattern and offset differences and had planned to get bronze Methods right away and was a bit disappointed to discover that my van had a different pattern. I also would want something with a more defined spoke, and ideally less busy than the Ultras, which aren't my style. The Method 701 in bronze is the dream wheel for my van so I'd want to see something like that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I intend to install aftermarket rims. The Ultras don't do it for me, and as others have stated the style of the Method 701 or similar would be fantastic. I would imagine that grey/black/bronze in color would satisfy a pretty large audience.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is and will be a market for them, unless Ford changes the bolt pattern/offset soon.
The challenge will be designing a wheel that "hides" the funky offset, the M701 will have the same convex shape as the Ultra most likely.
That look isn't appealing to most.
A 1/2" wider (rather than 1/2" narrower like the Ultras) would be nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to see something with a more defined spoke and which doesn't stick out so far. I think a dark bronze wheel would look neat on our red van. What would be your timing for production and sales?
We think bronze will have to be a part of the line up. the super high offset will make it tricky to design a good lookin wheel that'll please everyone. no timing yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is and will be a market for them, unless Ford changes the bolt pattern/offset soon.
The challenge will be designing a wheel that "hides" the funky offset, the M701 will have the same convex shape as the Ultra most likely.
That look isn't appealing to most.
A 1/2" wider (rather than 1/2" narrower like the Ultras) would be nice.
That super high offset will make it hard, but like you mentioned a wider wheel might help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honestly I like the look of my stock steel wheels blacked out. I would like to see something similar to this. Baja style wheel, kinda like Black rhino Arsenal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Little bit wider, 17 or 18", maybe a different offset or backspacing, Various finishes. Personally I don't believe there's a "correct" lift kit designed for the AWD yet so maybe one option that fits stock to 1" lift and another spec for 2-4" lifts. Hopefully someone designs a quality suspension but it's going to be expensive to do correctly. I ordered the Ultras and like them but open to something else!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looks good yo! Did you remove the tires to do it? Methinks I’ll have to do this too.

also, are those the stock tires? They look good!
Nope. Used some stuff called “dip release“ on the tires and put plastic bags over the rotors. Pretty easy, really.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts