Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m currently waiting on almost exactly the same build for my order. Only differences - I ordered the LWB, T250, and the swivel seats. Yours has the power slider which is a nice upgrade that is adding a really long wait to any new orders. Plus, yours exists now! Haha

Expecting an August delivery date. Dealer has agreed to $55.9 plus credit for any rebates or incentives at the time of delivery.

Are you hoping to get the $61 shown on the invoice?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Yeah, I hear ya on the wait time. It's nuts! The power sliding door is definitely a worthy upgrade. Button on the console opens and closes it and you can also do so from the Fob so that's another plus.

As for price, I'm negotiable but also very aware of the shortage of these Transits. PM if you'd like to chat further.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
As far as options, this 2020 is as close to a 2021 with the options for the Adventure Prep package as you could get. It is missing a few that are different between the 2 year models. If it has the equipment you would want, then best to just make him a offer as he is giving you a opening to make one. You would have to be within reason and I can tell you you can't find a 2021 model like this one on a Ford dealer lot right now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Traveling this week on business so if I'm slow to respond be patient. It goes goes on Craigslist next week when I get back. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response. I was hoping it was registered in CA which would have implied the $6K sales tax was already satisfied. Bummer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No there is not. You pay sales tax every time you transfer a car. I don't know what he is referring to, buying from CA or from TX should not matter.
You are correct. I was under a mistake belief that a private party sale was exempt from CA "Use Tax". There are exemptions to the "use tax" but a private party exchange is not one of them.

Thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First chance to buy given to the forum members on this site. Now it's up on Craigslist and Auto Trader.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A couple of questions! What are the big black boxes above and behind the passenger seats - Heat ducts to the back that came with the rear A/C? Also, where did you get the wall coverings? I have an order in on a van with year air, and could not get the wall or floor coverings, so wondered about how you did the wall covers, as I want to do something similar? My order is for a 21myT150 EB Mid roof AWD148, with some of the same options.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts