Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this issue? We ran thru the reset/rehome procedure, and it seemed to do what it is supposed to, but still no workie. almost seems like receiver is disconnected?
Anyone with same issue?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Did you do any modifications or additions prior to them not working?
I think the receiver is still built into the overhead shelf area, others with older vans have had issues when they fiddled around with the wiring there, or did something with the TPMS system, which seems to share the receiver.

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you do any modifications or additions prior to them not working?
I think the receiver is still built into the overhead shelf area, others with older vans have had issues when they fiddled around with the wiring there, or did something with the TPMS system, which seems to share the receiver.
Interesting, also had a TPMS fault which i was assumed was a problem with the newly mounted tires not being reset. We had the headliner down to insulate, we did just double check the wiring in the map light pod. I really don't remember seeing any other devices above headliner. need to do some more digging, bur since the van is gone, will be trickier,

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I'm prolly membering something someone wrote here wrong.
When a disservice center had my van in for guibo replacement, they took it upon themselves to give everything a once-over, changed my tire pressure and reset the TPMS, which erased the memory the van had of my keypad and the keyfob that was at home. It only took me a few minutes to reprogram them using the manual, but still...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Anyone else have this issue? We ran thru the reset/rehome procedure, and it seemed to do what it is supposed to, but still no workie. almost seems like receiver is disconnected?
Anyone with same issue?
not sure if this is connected to your problem, but YES! our 2016 had TMPS and lock/unlock fault.

The TMPS computer and the lock/unlock feature are controlled by the same "computer" in the headliner above the driver.

Dealer had to drop the headliner and repair, I believe the issue was corroded wires.

It was an expensive repair, thankfully, Ford paid half the tab.

·
Super Moderator
3,815 Posts
Interesting, also had a TPMS fault which i was assumed was a problem with the newly mounted tires not being reset. We had the headliner down to insulate...
Sounds like you disturbed the radio receiver up there that controls both of those functions. Not sure exactly where it is on the 2020.

This is what it looks like for prior years, yours should be similar:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you disturbed the radio receiver up there that controls both of those functions. Not sure exactly where it is on the 2020.

This is what it looks like for prior years, yours should be similar:
View attachment 154076
Sure seems that way, I just never saw there dang thing up there, no idea where it would be mounted!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked in with cosmicjumperalex and he sent me ford drawings showing location and what the device looks like, yet neither of us that took it all apart remember seeing it! And its pretty obvious what it is. Weird.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just checked in with cosmicjumperalex and he sent me ford drawings showing location and what the device looks like, yet neither of us that took it all apart remember seeing it! And its pretty obvious what it is. Weird.
On my 2020 HR, the wireless receiver for the key fobs and TPMS are literally inside the grey plastic headliner shelf. That's why you don't remember seeing it. You had to have disconnected it when you pulled your headliner and possibly forgot to reconnect? The connection in question is a small electrical connector that is accessible from behind the dome light with the 4 or 5 other connections for the lights and microphone, etc. I drove around without my headliner shelf for a while and could not figure out why none of my keyfobs would work. TPMS was also knocked out as well. Then I found somewhere on the forum someone mentioning that module being inside the headliner shelf.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On my 2020 HR, the wireless receiver for the key fobs and TPMS are literally inside the grey plastic headliner shelf. That's why you don't remember seeing it. You had to have disconnected it when you pulled your headliner and possibly forgot to reconnect? The connection in question is a small electrical connector that is accessible from behind the dome light with the 4 or 5 other connections for the lights and microphone, etc. I drove around without my headliner shelf for a while and could not figure out why none of my keyfobs would work. TPMS was also knocked out as well. Then I found somewhere on the forum someone mentioning that module being inside the headliner shelf.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, that does help, there is one flat 4 pin connector that doesn't have a home, need to find its home? Is it to good for its home?
LOL

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mystery solved! Thanks to ZippityZags clue! I facetimed with owner and he pulled map light pod down. I did the same in my 2018. i found my transceiver wiring and he did the same, totally in opposite side of the shelf, totally different connector. he found the connector stuffed in side the shelf "hole" as it were. Our mistake, and we took pictures, but failed.
With that the build is perfect, according to the owner!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts