Ford Transit USA Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Just shipped out a set of 3 Silver AWD wheels along with one single Black AWD wheel so the customer can have a set of 5 Black wheels to use for their regular use tires and the Silver AWD spare wheel plus the 3 purchased wheels can be used for winter tires.

There are all kinds of combinations that can be purchased to get the right set(s) of wheels you need to use for regular tires as well as your off road or winter tires.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Another set of Black wheels shipped out without the Black center caps which some buyers do not like. If you purchase the Silver wheels, I include the Exposed Lug Nit center caps with those wheels in case you decide to end up painting or powder coating them another color and painting the center caps to match. I have shipped some where the buyer changed the wheels to the Magnetic color to match the van and another set power coated in the Blue Jeans color to match the exterior color of that van.

Curious what it would look like if you painted or powder coated the wheels in a color close to Avalanche Gray since there are a lot of this color out there. Black wheels seem to be the most selected choice for this particular color but some buyers may want to have a different look to their Transit.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Customer who is picking up his Transit from the dealership is going with a set of Silver painted AWD steel wheels with center caps for his winter tires. His van came with the Black factory wheels so by getting the Silver painted AWD wheels, he will have 5 Silver painted AWD wheels since ALL of the spare wheel/tire on the van are Silver painted.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Selling another set of Silver AWD steel wheels to one of my customers who is taking delivery on Monday. I will have 2 sets left on the Silver AWD steel wheels and a few that have some blemishes in the paint where they originally had wheel weights and were scratched up on the rim edges.

If you are looking for some to repaint or have powder coated, these blemished wheels would be a good candidate, I have 6 right now and would take $75 each plus shipping for any number of wheels. The Exposed Lug Nuts caps would be included with these wheels.

As far as the Black AWD steel wheels, I have 36 of them with the Closed Lug Nut center caps. I can sell these with or without the center caps. Bare Wheel is $105; with Black Closed center caps $120. If I sell enough bare wheels, I may have some extra Black Closed Lug Nut for sale. One set of the AWD Aluminum Alloy wheels and those are $125 each with the Chrome center caps. ALL of the above wheels do not include shipping which is sent via UPS based on your area code.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The customer who picked up his Transit today decided to make a change in his AWD wheels selection. Since he ordered the Black AWD Steel Wheels with the Closed Lug Nut wheel caps, he initially wanted 4 of the SIlver AWD Steel Wheels with the Exposed Lug Nut wheel caps. Since the factory spare has a Silver AWD steel wheel, he made a selection change.

Ended up getting 3 SIlver AWD Steel wheels, 1 Black AWD Steel, and 4 Silver Exposed Lug Nut center caps.

In the end, he will have 5 Black AWD Steel Wheels and 4 SIlver AWD Steel Wheels. The 4 wheels will end up with some winter or upgraded treaded tires to be used in the winter months around the Seattle, WA area.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Looks like the supply of the Silver painted AWD Exposed Center Cap wheels has ended as the upfitters are strictly going with the Black AWD Closed Center Cap wheels for ALL of the rest of their 2021 Transit orders. They are keeping some of those wheels on the vans and still adding the aftermarket wheels to a few of them. Don't know for sure what they will do for the 2022 models yet as there are supposed to be a lot of NEW wheel designs coming out for the AWD models.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Another Transit buyer who picked up his Transit today took advantage of the extra AWD wheels that are available and went with getting the 3 Silver steel AWD wheels and one Black steel AWD wheel. Along with getting these wheels he got 4 of the Silver Exposed Lug Nut center caps.

By removing the spare tire/wheel which is a Silver steel AWD wheel and swapping it out with the Black Steel AWD wheel, he NOW will have 4 Silver steel wheels with the matching Exposed Lug Nut center caps to use for his winter/off road tires and 5 Black wheels with factory tires to use for the other months when other wheel/tire combinations are needed.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Now is the time to think about getting those winter tires and wheels lined up for purchase. Once the weather makes the change, those tire supplies will dry up pretty fast. Having those tires already mounted and ready to go would be to your advantage.

The supply of the Silver painted AWD wheels with the Exposed Lug Nut center caps is depleting quickly. The Black AWD wheels are in good supply but the replacement from the upfitters is slowing down as most of their upfits are staying with the factory Black wheels.

Just send me a PM with your shipping address and I can get you a price quote.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Down to the last set of Silver painted steel AWD wheels so if you need a set for the winter months, NOW is the time to get them. Bare wheels will be $75 each plus shipping.

As far as the Black factory AWD wheels, we have stocked up with plenty of sets ready to go with NEW Covered Lug Nut center caps. We have lowered the price to $95 each plus shipping so you can get these while they last. Best to be prepared for the winter months with those extra set of threaded tires and factory AWD wheels.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
More wheels shipped out via UPS on Friday with set of 4 Black Steel AWD wheels with NEW Closed Lug Nut center caps, set of 5 Silver painted AWD wheels with NO center caps, and a set of 2019 Aluminum Alloy 5 lug wheels with chrome lug nuts and Blue center caps.

Current wheel inventory includes 12 Silver painted Steel AWD wheels with Exposed Lug Nut center caps, 40 Black Steel AWD wheels with NEW Closed Lug Nut center caps, and 2 sets of the Aluminum Alloy AWD wheels with the Chrome Closed Lug Nut center caps similar to the ones on the Black Steel wheels. These are NEW takeoff wheels from Transits that are upfitted with the Ultra aftermarket wheels and the factory wheels get placed in the Ultra boxes.

If you order a set of these wheels, they will come in the Ultra wheel boxes. To get the right color combination of wheels for your Transit. we can sell you different color combinations on the Silver & Black Steel wheels. Your 2020 and up AWD Transit should come with the Silver painted steel wheel as a spare tire/wheel (If you just got your 2021 Transit, check the spare tire/wheel for the correct 6 lug pattern) and if you decide to go with adding another set of AWD wheels, we can help with getting the combination of wheels you need for your various offroad and winter uses.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Still good on the factory Black AWD wheels with the NEW Closed Lug center caps but getting low on the Silver AWD wheels with the Exposed Lug center caps. One set of the AWD Aluminum Alloy wheels available and there will be a long period where the upfitters will not be getting any more 2021 models and they are looking at hopefully getting some passenger vans by March.

You can send your AWD wheels request via PM and I can get you a total cost including shipping. If you happen to be in the Kansas City area you can pickup a set with advance notice. The winter tires will start getting higher priced and scace once the bad weather hits your area so it is smart to get ahead and have those extra tires and wheels ready to go!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Getting a lot of inquiries for shipping the AWD wheels and some from Transit buyers coming to get their 2021 Transits from Gary Crossley Ford in the next month. You can save the shipping cost by getting the wheels while you take delivery of your 2021 or later on 2022 model. With the spare AWD wheel still being the Silver painted wheel, while supplies last we can help you have a choice of wheels with a different color wheel for each use.

If you have the Black AWD wheels ordered for your 2021 Transit, the spare is a Silver painted wheel so you may want to go with 3 Silver painted wheels and a Black AWD wheel for a future spare rim once you change out the Silver wheels to a different tire selection (4 Silver, 5 Black wheels). Many Transit owners are using the Silver painted wheels for their winter or Off Road tires and the Black ones for highway use. Many are even going with powder coated wheels to match the body color or make the wheel to keep from getting rock chips or light scratches. Curious to see what a 2021 Transit would look like with a set of matching Avalanche Gray wheels and the Exposed Lug Nut center caps.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Looks like most of the Black wheels will be going away as one set was picked up locally today. Five more sets have been priced out for shipping. That gives 4 sets left and looks like I won't be able to replace any more wheels until the upfitters get more vans at their shop. They have a group of HR model coming but they have no ETA at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to purchase a set of 4 steel wheels for my 2021 AWD Transit. Can you please send me an estimate for purchase price + cost of shipping? They would be shipping to Mount Shasta, CA 96067. Please send me a PM.
Thanks! Renee

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
Sent you a PM with the shipping cost and a request on which wheels you need...Silver or Black. You know I can do a mix of wheels based on what you have on your existing Transit since the spare wheel/tire should be a Silver painted AWD wheel.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts