Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2019 transit no power no dash no power door locks....??

192 5
good battery new ignition switch, when the starter is jumped with a wire the engine turns,,,, but no responce with a key..... even the power door locks arent working. checked fuses and relays..... any ideas?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,146 Posts
There will be a relay that is activated by the key that connects the battery to the starter. If you can get you hands on a wiring diagram, see if you can find something in common (like a ground wire) shared by both the power door lock circuit and this relay.

· Registered
5,012 Posts
Mine did that when the transit battery voltage fell bellow 12 volts from being parked for four week not being started, It would not do anything when I turned the key. When I checked the battery voltage it was 11.7 volts so it was not that dead. I left it on the battery charger over night and never had a problem again, Now the longest I leave parked without driving it is two weeks

· Registered
9,912 Posts
My '15 did that when the big wire harness connector at the firewall in the engine compartment got corroded or something from the waterfall off the windshield hitting it. Unplugged it, cleaned tabs best I could with what I had, re-connected, and everything was back to normal. Probably just disconnecting and reconnecting several times would scrape away enough corrosion to make contact.

I tried a bunch of stuff until I got to that; jumpstart with same result you're having, fuses, relays, etc.

Oddly, I had installed a mini T.U.R.D. deterrent over that connector years ago, I guess moisture got in there anyway. New plastic wrap on it now. No, Ford didn't "fix" the water from the windshield issue, they just added gutters that are supposed to divert the water down through the body. When drain holes are plugged with leaves etc., the water still pours into the engine compartment.

· Registered
5,012 Posts
Usually these things cause fault code to be thrown, Do you have any fault codes? You need a code scanner to read them, Sometimes the auto parts store will loan you one. I bought my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts