Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the NEW items for the 2019 Ford Transit passenger van is the REMOVABLE SINGLE SEAT with the QUICK RELEASE HANDLES. Since the first Transit wagons were built, this seat had to be unbolted from the floor and then you had the hump from the mounting brackets sticking up above the floor level. NOW when you remove the seat, it has a level floor under it.

Here are pictures from the first 2019 Ford Transit passenger van that arrived at Matt Ford.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm glad they are doing that now, the pix aren't showing up for me though.

I removed the rails for the rear singles seats in our 15 passenger wagons since we don't anticipate needing them.

We also decided it is more convenient not to have that single seat at the door, so it was removed. In the 15 passenger, the rails for it extend back to the single seat over the wheel well, so they were cut. If for some reason any of these seats are needed, the rails can bolt back in.

It sure would be simpler to have regular quick releases!

Do you know yet if the quick release feature will only be for the single by the door, which is more straightforward than the others which bolt into the walls as well as the floor?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't able to upload the pictures via the laptop computer while at Matt Ford so did it when I returned back in Texas.

Wonder if it would be worth it to get the floor brackets and the seat mounts to convert a earlier single seat to the 2019 setup?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Little things like that are the benefit of the Ford Transit being a world vehicle.

Ford may only sell 130K Transits annually in the USA - with most dealers not even having any and most others that do only a couple white - but worldwide they sell many more, so it is worth Ford’s while to keep polishing the design.

( Unlike the abysmal Econoline that literally makes me cringe and lower the sun visor every time I see it ).

I expect it will be a much better vehicle by 2022 when I buy my second Transit.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm still working with the Ford Brand Group to try to make more changes in the Transit as far as things that I see need to be changed or that are brought up within the Transit forum. Most of the changes in the 2019 model were done in the passenger van with the 'delete seat' option and this change on the single seat by the opening side door.

The second single seat located over the wheel well has not been changed. I will check to see that when the 12 passenger van shows up the first week of December. When I went over it with the Transit Group engineers, they were worried about the safety issue with having a removable attachment on the side of the Transit wall. Not able to come up with a reliable locking mechanism that would be easy for the passenger van owner to fit the seat back in place in the short amount of time before the approved production drawings and actual parts could be made.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good idea! The people that designed this must never sat behind a row of airliner seats. I have read Transit seats are "10 G". Your airline seat is 16 G. I like seat tracks. "80-20" stuffs. Lots of stuffs can be attached to seat tracks. Airliner seats are ultra expensive. The attaching hardware is one of the best values on the plane.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wasn't able to upload the pictures via the laptop computer while at Matt Ford so did it when I returned back in Texas.

Wonder if it would be worth it to get the floor brackets and the seat mounts to convert a earlier single seat to the 2019 setup?
I'd be interested to convert my single seat in the 2018 to a 2019 quick release if these end up in your hands.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Will try and get the part numbers for the floor rails and the seat mounting brackets for the 2019 Ford Transit passenger van with the single passenger seat. I may get some information on it from someone in the Ford area while at the SEMA Show this week. More to come on this deal!

·
Registered
140 Posts
How are the rails flush with the floor but the floor still fits under the flange of the plastic step cover? Are the rails sunk into the metal floor or is the flange of the plastic step cover taller than the one on a cargo van? The flange of the plastic step cover is only maybe 1/4" or so above the metal floor in my cargo van. Just enough for the factory rubber floor to fit under.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
How are the rails flush with the floor but the floor still fits under the flange of the plastic step cover? Are the rails sunk into the metal floor or is the flange of the plastic step cover taller than the one on a cargo van? The flange of the plastic step cover is only maybe 1/4" or so above the metal floor in my cargo van. Just enough for the factory rubber floor to fit under.
I believe the step cover is taller in models with with a raised floor, about 5 inches high.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question for Crew Van Man

Awhile back I saw a post with the optional new second row two seat bench instead of three seat bench in the 2019 models. I saw in a floor plan picture with the plastic delete caps on row two for the third leg nearest the sliding door. Do you happen to have or can you find the part #s for the floor/seat rail delete caps? I have a 2018 passenger that I've converted to only seating 8 now. I used the last row floor rails and seat legs to convert my single seat by the slider to quick release before the 2019 option came available. This was one of the best mods I've done to improve the seating layouts so far. I believe the pic I saw was from the 2019 Commercial vehicle brochure that was posted.

I found this from one of your post.
NEW 14 passenger seating that a lot of the families with small kids asked for...I got Ford to put the 2 passenger 36" seat in second row
for better access to the child seat without standing partly way out of the van with the door open.

As part of the 'delete seat' package, you can also get the LWB or LWB Extended passenger van with NO extra seating behind the front passenger area. There is a better explanation of ALL the passenger van seating arrangements in the 2019 Ford Transit Order Guide, page 21 that you can turn sideways on your computer to see it better. You can find the order guide on the Matt Ford website.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Will try and get the part numbers for the floor rails and the seat mounting brackets for the 2019 Ford Transit passenger van with the single passenger seat. I may get some information on it from someone in the Ford area while at the SEMA Show this week. More to come on this deal!
Did you ever get the part numbers for the floor rails and seat mounting bracket?

In my conversion I am thinking of starting with one seat if I can source it and have floor mounts installed to add another seat later on.

Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm glad they are doing that now, the pix aren't showing up for me though.

I removed the rails for the rear singles seats in our 15 passenger wagons since we don't anticipate needing them.

We also decided it is more convenient not to have that single seat at the door, so it was removed. In the 15 passenger, the rails for it extend back to the single seat over the wheel well, so they were cut. If for some reason any of these seats are needed, the rails can bolt back in.

It sure would be simpler to have regular quick releases!

Do you know yet if the quick release feature will only be for the single by the door, which is more straightforward than the others which bolt into the walls as well as the floor?
We did the same exact thing. I need to remove the rails when i redo the floor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any more info on the single seat quick release? I need it for a conversion I'm in the process I'm doing. Does anyone know if it can be order from Ford? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Any more info on the single seat quick release? I need it for a conversion I'm in the process I'm doing. Does anyone know if it can be order from Ford? Thanks.
Surely someone on here will buy a passenger version and have their seats for sale when they strip it out to do their conversion. Seats come up for sale all the time. I think CrewVanMan has a small collection of seats he is amassing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts