Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the floor up awhile ago on a failed project and tried to make it productive by taking some general measurements of seat rail and bolt locations for my 15 passenger 2018 148". I realized I never shared this, in case it helps somebody. Not sure how consistent spare tire mechanism or other measure point is from vehicle to vehicle so use measurements at your discretion. Horizontal lines are seat mount locations, points are bolts. Picture of setup accompanied. I think it may be the same for other model years, but can't verify.

Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your post, it is gonna be useful for me. A question for you regarding the longest rail (the left most on your photo)- is that a single long rail or multiple short ones assembled close together? Thank again!!
The left(driverside) one is multiple assembled together. You can somewhat see the splits if you zoom in on the picture.

·
Super Moderator
4,552 Posts
Somehow I missed this when you posted it 3 months ago, thanks for providing it - I will add it to my files.
The 148" 15 passengers have an overlapping rail that extends to the rear single seats.

This is the joint:

The two on the left of this pic are them, the others were cut from the rails at the sliding door:

in this pic, you can see the passenger side rail intact with the rear overlapping piece in place and the part I cut off in the front still there:

·
Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somehow I missed this when you posted it 3 months ago, thanks for providing it - I will add it to my files.
The 148" 15 passengers have an overlapping rail that extends to the rear single seats.
There is probably some inconsistencies in measurements so use for a general idea rather than up-linking to satellites.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you both, that explains a lot. To get down to bare metal like yours, what needs to be removed? from what I can see only a 1/8 inch layer of carpet then a layer of 1/2 inch particle board? Are they floating and just being held down by the edge panel?

·
Super Moderator
4,552 Posts
Floating, held in place by some of the trim around the edges. Remove trim at the doors (pop the bolt hole covers off) and the trim behind the front seats. The floor is in two pieces and uses the carpet as a hinge. As it is removed, the heat duct behind the passenger seat needs to be pulled out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.