Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2017 passenger... removed the seats and replaced floors.

Curious, what is this box at the rear drivers side... picture marked up from one on this forum...
What is under the housing in that box? Can I remove it? Hoping someone knows and I can avoid removing that housing if its a lost cause.

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's your rear ac unit. A major bummer when it comes to building out the passenger wagon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Supposedly, if you take it out, you need to remove and cap off the coolant pipes at the compressor in the engine compartment, or risk damaging the compressor when you run the front a/c. I haven't looked at the details in the BEMM yet, but i has been discussed in other threads here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys.... the space is not completely crucial for what we are doing so I am inclined to keep it in place, atleast for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m brand new here, having just purchased a 2018 LR 350 XLT Wagon. I bought it with the idea that I would remove at least the back two rows of seats and maybe all three. What do you mean when you say you “replaced the floor?” What did you do and why did you do it? Thanks, trying to learn about these vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
3,088 Posts
Some people pull up the floor and create their own. The stock floor in a wagon basically consists of two panels with carpet glued on top. With it removed, the van is extremely loud in the back, so you have to re-create the sound and insulation that it provides.

This is what it looks like folded in half, before it was pulled it out to fully clean it:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts