Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Transit. I bought it with 12,000. miles on it. It has a vibration between 47-55 mph. It has been back to ford five times. They acknowledged the vibration and have put a rear differential in it ,and three drive shafts. I told them that the problem is in the motor or transmission . So on the fifth time there they told me I have to live with it. I have now gone to corporate and they are sending me to another dealer. Has anyone else had this issue? And more important. The issue resolved

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had a similar vibration problem. It felt like if I was driving 100 yards on smooth asphalt and then 100 yards on cobblestone roads. This was occurring when in gear only. Like in a downhill slope even in gear if I get off the accelerator it wasn't doing it. then when slope ends and straight away I step on the gas, it was again on, off, on, off and so on.
It was found to be the problem with "torque converter"... It has been replaced under warranty thankfully I caught it just before 60,000 mile warranty limit and now silky smooth no matter where and how I am driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts