An opportunity has presented itself, so I’m thinking of selling my 2017 Ford High Roof Transit

The Basics:
Ford Transit T-250, Quigley 4x4, regular length, ecoboost, heated cloth seats, 3.31 limited slip. 79k miles and going up a few thousand each month. Everyone says this, but 99% of those miles are highway – all over the western US multiple times per year. Ford extended warranty to 130k miles and September 2025.

Build goals
Comfortable 4-season camper with as much interior space as possible, ability to store three bikes inside and reasonable weight.

Mechanical
  • Additional lift for a total of 3". Bilstein struts/shocks, Vancompass front red springs, adjustable strut bearing mount.
  • Two sets of aftermarket wheels, one with 33" AT tires (255/80r17 Falken Wildpeaks – to be replaced soon) and 32" winter tires (265/75R16 Cooper Snow Claw - new!).
  • Have Vancompass winch mount and winch available, but not installed.
  • Shortened shock mounts to gain a few inches of clearance.
  • Rear articulating tire carrier to accommodate 33” tires. Swings with the door, no latch required.
The build-out
  • Floor is Lonseal coin flooring on 5/8” plywood on ¾” foam board with all floor ribs filled.
  • Every cavity in the van from the front doors to the back is filled with Thinsulate.
  • All wall and ceiling panels are Marathon fabric over 1/8 foam over 5mm ply.
  • Cabinet frame is built with 80/20. Baltic birch drawer fronts and maple drawers built with dovetail joints. Blum hardware and Southco locking latches. Lower left drawer perfectly fits a porta-potti.
  • The full-size bed is on an aluminum ladder frame that is removable in five minutes if you desire. The bed uses the Froli adjustable spring system, which allows airflow under the mattress. The mattress itself is a 5” memory foam one that is quite comfortable. It sits East/West and nestles nicely into the window wells of the Flarespace flares.
  • Both front seats have swivels.
Electrical
  • 560AH of LifePo4 batteries. One 280AH under the van insulated with a battery heater and another inside the van. Cable lengths equalized for balanced charge and discharge.
  • Renogy 50a DC-DC converter.
  • Xantrex ProWatt SW 2000w inverter.
  • 300w of solar on the roof.
  • Pioneer AVH4200 stereo, upgraded speakers and Infinity subwoofer

Heating/cooling/appliances
  • Maxxair fan above bed.
  • Espar diesel heater (built under cabinet), Webasto diesel stove, both supplied by a 5-gallon tank behind the regular fuel filler door.
  • Propex propane heater (under passenger seat) to run primarily during times I am away from the van in the winter.
  • Snowmaster top load fridge/freezer (88 liter on aluminum slide).
  • Gaggia Classic espresso machine, if you’re so inclined.
  • Water system consists of 20 gals cold tank, Isotemp 120v water heater with 4 gal hot tank, Shurflo pump, all connected with Pex tubing.
  • Stowaway hot shower solution for taking showers inside the van.
  • Strawfoot Handmade window covers for all the windows except those at bed.

Misc, but important stuff!
  • Sliding trays for bikes and gear a la faroutride. Holds three mountain bikes with pedals removed, two without.
  • Gear tray holds four Wolf boxes, three camp chairs, camp stove, baseball bats, multiple spare bike tires, and bins for trash, recycling, compost, etc.
  • Fiamma awning.
  • Built-in Viair compressor with 4 gal tank under chassis under passenger seat.
Excellent shape other than dent in edge of driver door from wind slamming it into parking kiosk at the airport. Comfortably camp in shorts down to -10F. Go where your friends in their RWDs cannot. Climb your leveling ramps with no drama! Located in central Colorado. Could deliver to PNW or BC.

This van was a pioneer for a lot of the things people to their Transits today – 1st aux diesel tank using the fuel door mod, first 33s (other than the VanCompass solid-axle beast), first articulating rear door spare tire carrier, etc. I’m the original owner. I maintain it religiously. I’m not super motivated to sell, but to preserve my marriage I said I would sell this before I added a new truck. I don’t need a new truck, but a cool one has come up for sale.

What’s left for you to do? Fill ‘er up and go – enjoy your life on the road rather than spending many hundreds of hours and many tens of thousands of dollars building a van in the driveway! But seriously, there are a few minor things that you could do if you wish. In the pics you’ll see that I utilized all the cavities in the high roof for storage. Those could use some fabric liners to dress them up. One of the wood panels on the cabinet, where the gauges are, could be cleaned up to better utilize the space. If I keep it I will build a new third seat with storage underneath. The one that is in there (from a Cadillac Escalade) is fine, but I would like to have more storage for things other than shoes underneath. I also have all the parts for a water tank level gauge that you could install – I just read the marks on the tank.

Located in Salida, Colorado. Happy to meet you at the airport in Denver or Colo Springs. Could deliver to PNW or BC. Title in hand.

Price? I’ve been advised anywhere between $80k (really?) and $120k. So…$105k OBO.

I’ll post more pics at your request.