Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently looking for Schematics for my 2017 Ford Transit Long and Tall. I purchased the vehicle and it must have been crashed and had a rear door installed from a different year as there is no camera in the door and when I put the vehicle in reverse it pops up with a blue screen in the rearview mirror. I am hoping to install an aftermarket camera and connect it to the stock wiring if possible. Does anyone have any insight? It would be greatly greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Please post what model radio you have in the van. (Which one listed below?)
Audio System/Navigation AM/FM/CD
Audio System/Navigation AM/FM/CD/SYNC
Audio System/Navigation AM/FM/SYNC/Touchscreen Display.

I can send you or post the connector and you will be able to see the pinout/s for the camera.
(Probability is that the shielded camera cable is still connected into the radio unit and that they cut the wire in the back of the van.)

I just installed another camera in the upper light on the back of the van. You can see more details in this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have non of those. It is just the van with the AM FM radio and AUX-in. The Mirror is where the video display is. I don't know if that is what you were asking. Thank you for your quick response

·
Super Moderator
3,074 Posts
If the van originally had a camera on the door there is likely a set of wires back there already.
The factory camera is always on, the computer just turns the display on and off based on gear position.

Assuming the wires are back there you would just need to connect the camera feed to the right wires.
These are the wires that feed the mirror display, if you're fortunate they are the same colors in back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts