Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2016 Transit Tool & Toy Hauler

7K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  LDH® 
#1 ·
I finished my Transit's conversion into a tool hauler for my finish carpentry business...which can then be easily converted into a toy hauler for taking the Harley on extended road trips.
I hope I can get all of the conversion progress pictures on here...I don't know what, if any, limit on downloaded pictures are here on this site...we'll see!

Okay, update... I have tried several times to to download pictures on this thread. first 10 pics, then 8 pics, then 4 pics...only to get a message pop up every time saying that it could not complete because the security token is missing?? ...and to contact an administrator??

I think that there are some folks out there that would like like to see these van conversion pictures, but I don't have any idea about what the site is asking for, or how much trouble it is going to be to do these picture downloads.

If anyone out there knows how to get these pictures up on this thread, please let me know.

Thanks,
HarleyHauler

#2 ·
Posting pictures as attachments is a real hassle and VERY restricted. Linking to photos is much easier.

If things still don't work, contact me on my website and I'll host them for you and they can still show up here.

Van Williams

#4 ·
Thanks guys, but I'm not a computer whiz...so could you give some basic directions on how to "link" pictures to my thread post, or how to use "tapatalk" to put up my pictures.
btw...they are all in a jpeg format stored on my computer. Is there a limit as to how many picture can be attached to one post?

Thanks for the info and help.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, but I'm not a computer whiz...so could you give some basic directions on how to "link" pictures to my thread post, or how to use "tapatalk" to put up my pictures.
btw...they are all in a jpeg format stored on my computer. Is there a limit as to how many picture can be attached to one post?.
I can't help you with tapatalk.

You can upload pictures as attachments from your own computer, but this forum is well-known to limit these types of pictures.

The best and easiest way to include pictures, is to use the image button at the top of the reply box. For that to work, these pics should already be on-line. Either on your own website or on a commercial website.

Van Williams

#6 ·
I have been using tapatalk for a week now. Just download the free app, the learning curve is not too bad. No restrictions on pics.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

#9 ·
This is going to take awhile...I have to edit all of my pictures, and resize them smaller for this forum to accept them.

Pictures of stock van with upgraded interior...which I stripped out the black plastic paneling for my interior conversion. But I wanted the other interior upgrades...leather seats, Sync 3 electronics, etc.

Attachments

#10 ·
It looks like I am going to be limited on how many pictures I am going to be able to put up...I guess we'll see how far I can get my conversion project pictures.

First, I had the Adrian Steel partition (with door) installed. I then took the door off, cut it to clear the planned raised floor, relocated the hinge, and attached the bottom piece of door in the opening.

I made a template of the van's wall curvature to make the wood supports that went in the large window voids to support the new wall paneling and upcoming e-tracks.

Attachments

#11 ·
If you want to add tons of pictures, go to imagur and upload them there then use their links and add that to your posts. They should show up just fine.

Imagur is good in that you don't have to have an account if you want to remain anonymous but of course you can't change or edit the pics later of you're not using an account. They basically get uploaded as open source pics.

You can have an account though.

Tapatalk is for mobile devices like phones and tablets. It's the easiest way to read and post to all your forums.

#13 ·
All set up for work or play. Tools and tool bins are easily loaded and secured to the e-tracks when set up for work...and the tools come out just as easy. The motorcycle wheel is bolted into place with the star nuts that are installed in the floor...pull out all the sections of ramps, and set them in the ramp lock at the back edge of the floor...ride the bike into the van, and secure it in the wheel chock with straps in the e-track. Ready to roll!

Attachments

#16 ·
Thanks Berk for the picture linking info...but it looks to complicated and time consuming for me. I already wasted enough of my time trying to get my pictures on this site. (see last paragraph)

Thurman...There are no drawer glides. I glued down a piece of finish grade 1/4" plywood to the van floor...and with finish plywood on the bottom of the drawer, they slide very easy on each other. I could do what I have done in the past with this type of drawer set up...and wax the plywood surfaces...then they slide real easy. As it is, it slides so easy that I had to put some mini slide bolts on the drawers to keep them from sliding open while I am driving. As well, I put a stop on the back of the drawers so they can't pull all the way out of the opening and dump all my supplies on the ground...I knew to do that from a past experience!

So...after spending several hours editing my pictures to the proper pixel size so that they could be downloaded onto this site...and found that somehow some of the pictures I thought I had put on here didn't show up?? ...and then found that I had reached the "limit" of downloads that I am "allowed" to have on here! So, if anyone is interested in seeing the entire conversion project...with descriptions on each phase of the work, with the pictures...as well as a video of the winch set up I have installed inside of my van for winching my motorcycle into the van if it is necessary...then go to my Facebook page to see all the pictures, descriptions, and video.

The link to my Facebook page..... https://www.facebook.com/TreasureCoastTrim/

#18 ·
Thanks for the info Joe...but as I said to Berk, I have wasted enough time trying to put my pictures on this site, and I don't want to go through anymore steps to put up my conversion pictures.

If someone is really interested in seeing my Tool & Toy Hauler conversion...with more pictures and good descriptions of the work, as well as a video of my winch set up, then they can go to my company Facebook page to see everything.

The link to the Facebook page is:
https://www.facebook.com/TreasureCoastTrim/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.