Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm hoping you can help me out on something. I'm looking at buying a 2016 Transit 10 passenger, low roof, regular wheelbase to bring my family around in. My wife said she wanted power seats, but I'm not finding anything short of factory ordering something. With the rebates being offered right now, the leftover 2016 models seem to be in our price range - the 2017 models without the rebates are too high to afford for us right now.

Are power seats something that can be added in later on? If so, what would I need to buy? Is it just the seat base and possibly a wiring harness to make it all work, or does it get more involved than that?

Similar question about a trailer hitch. The one we're looking at doesn't have the tow hitch, and I wanted to know if it's possible to buy the hitch and brake controller and bolt it on, or if the wiring harnesses are totally different between the non-hitch Transits and the ones that come with the factory hitch. I did read that the computer needs to be reprogrammed with the hitch, but I'm not sure about the rest of the wiring - is it possible to add the hitch and the brake controller?

· Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,628 Posts
If you get the factory tow package, the transmission might be better for towing. I think there is a tow mode that you would not have without the package.

Brake controller might not be a simple attach and done affair either.

Crewvanman can do a national search for certain options, I think you might be better off getting those options factory. You may wish to try sending him a message.

· Registered
2,926 Posts
Would need to know exactly what you want. What price range are you looking at and do you want a new or pre-owned Transit?

Nothing NEW for 2016 with Trailer Tow & Trailer Brake Controller in a wagon.

Found 2 with both Trailer Tow & Trailer Brake Controller, but they are 2017 and 10 passenger Pewter Vinyl seating. I have looked at both of these Transit Wagons as they are at one of our local dealerships here in the DFW area. Price is close to $35K

If you can go into the $40K range, located 3 2017s at one dealership. One is Magnetic with charcoal cloth, another is Blue with charcoal cloth, and last one is Blue with pewter leather. These are $44K to $46K window stickers with current pricing at $40K to $42K. All 3 have the 10 way power seating and both trailer tow package with trailer brake controller.

Most of the ones you find with these options look to be the Medium Roof Wagons. Best bet to get what you want is order it. You can get just the options you want and not all the added options like the 3 above. Probably would be close to $39K MSRP and selling price with updated rebate after 1/1/2017 would be close to $35K. Matt Ford may be able to order one in that price range.

There is a current $2000 rebate on the 2017 Transit Wagons that extends through January 3rd.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I think it's going to be easier at this point to just order a 2017 - by the time I'd add a power seat to an existing 2016 the cost difference isn't significant. We really need the low roof wagon in order for it to fit in our garage. The medium roof wagon is a few inches too high.

CrewVanMan, from what I read above, are you saying there's going to be a updated rebate that becomes available after 1/1/2017? If so, do you know what that rebate might be? It might be worth waiting another month and a half in order to save a little more.

It might be better to start a new thread in a different section for this, but in reading through the site there's a few options mentioned that don't appear in the "build and price" from Ford's web site - such as the additional keys and black steel wheels instead of hubcaps. Are those available on a Wagon? Any other options that are available but not necessarily shown on the Ford site?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.