Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new DPF replaced and reset the DPF values using forscan. After resetting it said DPF was at 45%. I thought that was weird. Then i drove it less than 2 miles and it shot up to 70%. Drove it a little more and it continued to climb. My person that put the DPF in said you should regen the new DPF but I don't have an option in this transit to force a regen. So i drove it some more.. It jumped up 100% fairly quickly. Within less then 10 miles it went to overloaded and then to service now.

My guessing is one of the sensors is bad? Thought? If so how can I test to tell the right one. BTW the filter part # was GK4Z5H270A. Or should I just bite the bullet and take it to Ford?

·
Registered
E450 Wagon
474 Posts
A bad injector or low injection pressure could also be making a ton of soot. Was any diagnostics done the first time, when the DPF was determined to be full?

·
Registered
2015 350 HD EL 3.2L HR Diesel Wagon
351 Posts
I think you will need a full IDS platform and not Forscan to reset the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welp it's at a ford dealer now so we shall see what they find. I tried to have the old DPF flushed prior and he said it was one of the darkest/fullest ones he has ever seen. Then when he went to clean it he noticed a hole in the flex pipe and basically said it couldn't be cleaned.

There was a CRAP ton of things wrong with the VAN, errors, prior to this DPF rearing it's ugly head so I think we just clogged the **** out of it quick. No matter how many times we regened it, it would fill up within 5-10 miles of driving it. My wife was only driving it less then 5 miles each way for months prior to the DPF issue, with all the errors. So no real time to do a full regen during those drives. I now FULLY understand regens and diesels so that should not be an issue anymore in the future.

I am really thinking there is an issue with the old sensors on that and is why it is saying it's full.

I am really sadden by the lack of ford's diesel mechanics in my area. One closest to me can't even get/keep one, and the other mechanics ones sound like idiots. The one I found now at least knew what I was talking about so cross my fingers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ended up getting a **** diesel tech.. someone who was at a ford dealership who was NOT ford certified. It still is not fixed and i am already $700 in the hole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts