Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up my 2016 250 HR yesterday in Philly. Van has Ecoboost, rear windows, interior upgrade (cruise, seats, SYNC), limited slip rear, and reverse sensors. Not listed on the sticker, it also had the cargo area protection panels, which was a nice surprise.

I have a mail order gardening business and we transport product from our suppliers to our warehouse one a regular basis, and got tired of having a trailer in tow.

I was leaning originally toward a 2016 Sprinter 2500 HR 170, but it was more expensive, not as nice at highway speeds, and I was a bit terrified of the MB dealer "experience" and network. So the Transit won in the end.

· Registered
98 Posts
Hello HydroGuy and welcome to the forum. I know the van will be quick and easy as compared to pulling a trailer, and always wondering "what's going on back there?". Will you be building shelves, platforms, partitions, etc.? Be sure to post photos of your progress to the forum....we all look forward to new ideas. Good luck and enjoy the new adventure.

Reactions: HydroGuy

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I plan on ordering a partition I believe, and I'll be running cables from the battery to the inverter that powers our mini fridge when we go camping. We usually spend our weekend at a campground with electric, but this summer, we plan to do some more extensive traveling, so I may need to figure out how to keep the fridge running between campgrounds while we're sightseeing.

I have Husky liners coming this week for the front floor along with a Class III hitch and wiring so I can move our trailer when necessary.

· Registered
278 Posts
The interior upgrade package includes the rear protection panels. Which I think are a really nice to have. I would not want the sides bare. Also the rubber floor is nice. One less thing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.