Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been reading people who have ordered their transits with mytouch, that the mytouch is causing delays to orders. ford is trying to ditch microsoft in mytouch in favor of blackberry qnx operating system for mytouch basis. supposed to be way more stable and reliable. problem is they want the new version mytouch in all new 2015 vehicles, yet system is so new, it isn't fully ready yet and is causing manufacturing delays. crossing fingers for a speedier development!

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is a bit of a bad situation, but I think that people are better off having to wait a little while longer for their Transit and having it come with the QNX based mytouch. The Microsoft one gets terrible marks, so people would be complaining about it in the Transit if they were to just put that system in and ship the Transits now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm very excited about my transit, but don't like having to wait so long. that being said you are right, i'd rather wait and have it be the best it could be from the start! our transit is going to replace our explorer which has microsoft based mytouch. when its working i love mytouch, but thats when its working right. it just, like a lot of microsoft os's, crashes and gets bloated over time. and mytouch was based on windows ce, which was terrible and is now over 10 years old. hope my new transit will have qnx based mytouch, hate the wait though, but i'm sure its worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only focused on the transit because thats where my money is going, although that new mustang would go nicely next to the transit. but from what i read it sounds like it may affect all the 2015 my touches since ford seems to want to upgrade every my touch and microsoft probably isn't supporting them anymore since they are going with blackberry qnx. do a google search for 2015 myford touch qnx and see what comes up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll likely pass on mytouch and consider an Apple CarPlay system via Pioneer or other aftermarket provider.

Ford (and other car manufacturers) signed up with Apple on integrating CarPlay, but anything deliverable with Ford will likely be 1-2 years away. As another option, I can probably make an iPad work for what I need, since I'm not going to delay a Transit purchase.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it very difficult to get an aftermarket system installed? It seems difficult since its so integrated into the dash and everything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
upon further reading, ford has gone with blackberry's qnx and is signed up with apple carplay and android auto, which both will run on top of qnx. very interesting, i just wish there was something more concrete to know what i'll be getting when my transit is ready. i wonder if ford will give you the option to choose which or just include them both. very doable since run on qnx and ford is involved with all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, still researching this subject, read about hyundais' 2015 sonata, it has a qnx system. at first they will have a basic qnx system that is upgradeable to apple car play and android auto. with apples available first and android will come out later. other manufacturers seem to be doing the same. so what i gather is the new transits with mytouch will be qnx based and can be upgraded to apple and android as they become available. no pressure ford, but please don't make me wait too long!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts