Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NHTSA has put the 2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon through its New Car Assessment Program, and it has awarded the Ford Transit Connect Wagon with a five-star Overall Vehicle Score.

The Transit Connect Wagon features driver and passenger side air bags for front-row occupants along with side curtain air bags for all seating rows. The Transit Connect Wagon has a body structure built with high-strength and ultra-high strength steel, including 16-percent boron steel.

“Transit Connect Wagon gives people on the go a unique-looking, fuel-efficient vehicle that also provides a high level of safety,” said Steve Kenner, director of Ford’s global automotive safety office. “The suite of safety and driver-assist features available on Transit Connect makes it a great choice for families and businesses.”

So its safe, and it doesn't look too bad either. Looks like Ford has a winner here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not bad at all. A popular test I see emerging these days is the frontal overlap test which a lot fail, i'd like to see them test the Transit in this test

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not sure if the Transit had to go through the front overlap test. That one seems to give vehicles the most trouble. I would think that a vehicle couldn't get a 5-star rating if it didn't do well in that test though. Bigger vehicles tend to be safer anyway though. it's usually the smaller vehicles that have a harder time in crash testing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Im not sure if it's a requirement as yet for all cars but it is a new test that vehicles should be tested for.

·
Registered
539 Posts
does anyone think the TC WAgon has the legs to take on the GRand Caravan and those JDM vans?
It does, it's just as capable as those and should have no problem tapping into those sales, maybe not so much with JDM vans, people who buy Japanese tend to be loyal to those brands

1 - 6 of 6 Posts