Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reached the 20 order level for 2020 Ford Transits through the Ford order system with our first vehicle going into production TODAY. With all of the problems with the 2020 model including the delayed start of the 2020 builds being pushed back 5 to 7 weeks for more 2019 Amazon production and the continued delay in getting more scheduled vehicles for build because of vendor supply problems, it looks like we may finally see the end of delays and a steady stream of production starting in January.

Five Transits have a January build DAY with 2 others sitting on WEEK of January dates. Six more allocations ready for scheduling with the next group of 27 allocations to come up for the 1st quarter of 2020. We hope to make use of ALL of those allocations to have plenty of customer orders as well as some added stock ordered units with a good supply of CrewVan models ready and waiting for buyers who may not want to wait to order one but can fly in and get one that will not be a stripped down vehicle, but one with AWD and some of the more popular options.

Final enhancements are being added to the Matt Ford website so you can now see the information on the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service and a comprehensive view of the 2020 Transit model in the '2020 Ford Transit' site. We are keeping the 'Ford Transit Information' site so you can see information about Matt Ford and Transit sales, the Transit Body Decoder for you to see the various body styles available for the Transit, the link for the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service, and the Ford Transit Towing Guide for help when selecting your drivetrain options to pull your camper or trailer. At the bottom of this page, we will be making NEW pictures showing the various options on the 2020 Transit with ALL the new electronics added to this model.

By making available ALL of this information on the 2020 Ford Transit, we hope you are able to make the best choices to get your future long term traveling vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CrewVanMan,

I was going to ask this directly to you, but I suspect I'm not the only one with this question... Would you mind walking us newbies through the steps / milestones with Ford once a van order is placed? ie "order locked", "pulled for production", build date / week, VIN issued, delivery, etc? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess you ordered from a dealer that is not communicating with you on your order.

Not sure what you mean by 'order locked' but once your order gets a VIN with a projected build WEEK, then the dealer can't make any changes to the order or cancel it. It is considered 'locked in to production'

Orders go into the Ford system and if the dealer has current allocation for that specific Transit body style, it shows the order as 'Unscheduled - Clean' on the order. When Ford gets ready to pull orders for that specific week, it places indicators on each order if they may pull it for production. Usually on Thursday night final orders are pulled and on Friday AM you should have a 'VIN and projected build WEEK'. Once they slot the vehicles for the production line, the order shows a projected build DAY.

Once orders are pulled for production with VIN and projected build DAY, Ford was issuing a 'ETA to dealer' so the dealer would know a approximate date the vehicle would arrive at the dealership. All of this changed when Jack Cooper Transport (our local delivery company for Transits) filed for bankruptcy in August. On our system now, all orders are showing 'TBD' until the vehicle is built and on the holding lot. Then they publish a ETA date with a 6 day interval and with our orders, very few of them show up in this time frame so I am having our customers plan their delivery 14 to 20 days after build date for traveling to Kansas City to take delivery on their Transit.

Most dealers just take your order and sit back until it arrives at the dealership and call to tell you it arrived and ready for delivery. The person you may be dealing with does not have access to look into the Ford system for these details on your order once it is placed into the Ford system.

Part of my requests when I went to work for Matt Ford was to get COMPLETE ACCESS to the Ford system so I could do everything possible for ordering, pricing, and having the ability to look at the Vehicle Visibility on any order in the system. This gives me a chance to communicate with my customers on any changes to the order and not have to ask anyone else for the information. With my special contacts at Ford through the Ford Transit Brand Group, I can get some information directly from this group on any issues with the Transit.

This is how I found out about the Amazon orders going to the Ford Transit and the recent 5 to 7 weeks of 2019 production for Amazon that has delayed the start of the 2020 Transit production orders that are now finally getting some build dates and a few Commercial arrivals on the dealer lots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all of the details on the process - very helpful! Good to know about the delays related to the Jack Cooper issue as well.

I have a great dealer, but my order was just finalized last week so I haven't had any follow-up communications from them yet given the short timeframe and the holiday. You may know them, they're just outside Kansas City :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts