Ford Transit USA Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
To be crystal clear, the weight of a hefty driver is the total difference in payload between this T150 and the highest level of T350.
2018 specs:
Cargo van payload difference from minimum T150 to maximum T350 is 970 lbs.

Pass van payload difference from minimum T150 to maximum T350 is 620 lbs.

Those are very hefty drivers that probably won't even fit in driver seat. At least one is bedridden. The other is probably dead. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
2018 specs:

Those are very hefty drivers that probably won't even fit in driver seat. At least one is bedridden. The other is probably dead. ;)
This further shows how the ratings have changed since the Transit was introduced in 2015. Considering nothing else has changed, why the disparity in weight ratings through the years?

·
Registered
329 Posts
So an F-150 (or any other full size pick-up) can tow way more than a Transit, yet not have near the payload rating of a Transit. I understand the part about towing and the unibody, but don’t understand the payload difference.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
2018 specs:

I (burp) resemble that remark.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Travlin
I like the way you laid this out. Except, you can get the HR extended in T250. So a person only needs to purchase the T350 if insisting on dualies.
The other place that you end up with this appears to be when you want a HR ext crew van - seems to only come with dually rear tires. I have been chasing this general configuration because I want to have a second row seat for the grand kids. Not sure if I need that much suspension but that is how they come.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts