Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to replace pads and rotors in the front of my 350HD (drw). Has anyone DIY'd this before? I pulled the (5) T55 torx and the (5) deep T50 torx bolts. I can't figure out what else would be holding it to the knuckle. Do I have to pull the wheel bearing to or something? Either I'm terrible at searching or there isn't any 350hd info or there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe this will help
Thanks. I must've watched this a half dozen times. His assembly just pops off. Mine is a slightly different hub because of the dually wheel. Either is just stuck on pretty strong or I'm missing something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a forum thread here somewhere that says rust welds things together on the dual wheel Transits.
It's been in New England for the last few years so that wouldn't surprise me too much. Further searching led me to this replacement part photo. I think I might just need to give it a firmer hand.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The outside edge of that bearing surface sits inside the knuckle. I would pull out the inside recessed bolts that you had to use the long torx bit on out and then use a slide puller on the wheel studs or try to tap it out from the backside of the rotor with the rotor on the hub. Once the rotor/hub is out, you can separate the rotor from the hub.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The outside edge of that bearing surface sits inside the knuckle. I would pull out the inside recessed bolts that you had to use the long torx bit on out and then use a slide puller on the wheel studs or try to tap it out from the backside of the rotor with the rotor on the hub. Once the rotor/hub is out, you can separate the rotor from the hub.
Yeah I got all of those T50 bolts completely out. I don't have a slide puller so I'm just smacking the back side of the rotor. The tough part is that the disc guard only let's me get to about 20% of the rotor so I can't really hit it evenly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts