Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding 200V of solar power to my van, and want to find a quality 12V power splitter (with USB). Several that I've seen have fairly limited power output limits, and/or short, wimpy cords (I need around 3-4 feet of length). I'm looking for a recommendation, please.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm adding 200V of solar power to my van, and want to find a quality 12V power splitter (with USB). Several that I've seen have fairly limited power output limits, and/or short, wimpy cords (I need around 3-4 feet of length). I'm looking for a recommendation, please.
badsocref,

Going to copy this over to the thread, "Parts Needed / Available".

I think you can find a wealth of information by using the search engine (above right) and typing in " Solar for Transit" or words to that effect. There has been a lot of activity on this forum regarding solar. By reading those threads and asking your question there, you will probably get some quick answers from those that have already added the solar to their Transits. And it keeps all the information about solar, in one location so someone else starting a project doesn't have to keep bouncing between threads.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I just spent a bit of time looking for one of those to connect to the battery terminals on the side of the driver's seat to have 12V plugs active all the time. You are right. Very little out there in terms of quality components. Try RV and marine supply stores. I'm going there next. Further bulletins as events warrant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts