Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 350 XL HD passenger
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this unit in particular from superbrightleds.com It uses a controller and then RF wireless wall switch or a micro button/switch. The switches run on a coin cell battery (3v). I like you can put multiple switches around the cabin without having to run wires all over the place. Just curious how well they work in the van and also in varying cold/hot weather conditions.

Wireless Single Color LED Dimmer Switch for EZ Dimmer Controller | Super Bright LEDs

Wireless LED 1 Channel EZ Dimmer Controller | Super Bright LEDs

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
3,981 Posts
Hopefully someone will have specific experience with that unit.

We have used a couple different Chinese-brand-of-the-day RF controllers from Amazon (LEDENET was one - now something else) and have been able to program them with each other with some hassle. IOW, they have all been similar-ish enough to talk to each other so far. And have worked for years in the Sprinter and a year-and-a-half on the Transit.

·
Registered
2022 T350HD #11000 Avalanche Gray
747 Posts
Anyone have any experience with this unit in particular from superbrightleds.com It uses a controller and then RF wireless wall switch or a micro button/switch. The switches run on a coin cell battery (3v). I like you can put multiple switches around the cabin without having to run wires all over the place. Just curious how well they work in the van and also in varying cold/hot weather conditions.

Wireless Single Color LED Dimmer Switch for EZ Dimmer Controller | Super Bright LEDs

Wireless LED 1 Channel EZ Dimmer Controller | Super Bright LEDs
I want something like this for led strips down near the floor and under the overhead cabinets.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I am not sure about that specific unit, but that supplier ( superbrightleds.com ) and LEDSupply - For All Your LED Project Needs!

are some of the better suppliers for LED strip lights and controllers.

It is really tough to find wide temperature range rated LED electronics.

There are some marine LED lighting suppliers, but the prices can give a person pause.

·
Registered
2017 350 XL HD passenger
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2019 T250 LWB EL High Roof 3.5L EcoBoost
105 Posts
I have the Task Lighting RF units referenced by Tcaschy021 above. I went with the 4-zone controllers though. Very happy with the system. Have 3 zones set up and can control them from 3 different places in the van. Pricey yes, but worth it I think.

Reactions: Tcaschy021

·
Registered
2017 350 XL HD passenger
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Task Lighting RF units referenced by Tcaschy021 above. I went with the 4-zone controllers though. Very happy with the system. Have 3 zones set up and can control them from 3 different places in the van. Pricey yes, but worth it I think.
Sweet! Thanks for chiming in.

I've started to set things up by pairing the controllers to the receiver and so far working pretty good outside the van.

Question for you: If I press the ON button, I'm expecting the lights to turn on at 100% each time but it seems to instead remember the previous level. Is there a way to set it to 100% On each time? Or is there a quick button press combo that automatically goes to 100%?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts