Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking at picking up a 2020 Transit 350XLT 148" passenger with the Ecoboost for my family. I have read about the 10-speed transmission's track record in the F150 and other vehicles and at face value, it's alarming. But for 2020, it's the only option we have. I was hoping to get some real-world experiences from any of you in a 2020 that has this transmission and some feedback on whether I'm crazy for jumping into one right now. Do I need to buy an extended warranty if I move forward??

And on that note - can anyone recommend dealership that sells a manufacturer's extended warranty at a reasonably small markup?

Thank

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would chose not to be a beta tester. BTDT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a '20 AWD 3.5 .....I really wish I had my '16 back with the 6 speed. The ten speed is ok on the highway, but for stop and go driving and around town use it seems to get easily confused and spends more time than it should hunting for the right gear. part of the problem is the engine software. Really poor throttle response at light to moderate inputs has the trans over reacting much of the time. my '15 and '16 diesel transits were some of my favorite vehicles to date. This '20 falls at the other end of the scale just based on the driving experience. It's going up for sale in the next few weeks if I cant find a tune that addresses these issues.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have no complaints with the drivability of my 2020. Not sure if there is something different about my copy of the transmission or my emotional state. A bunch of folks here have been taking delivery of 2020 models and only a couple of them seem crazy IMHO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've only had my new 2020 AWD 3.5 ecoboost for about 1.1k miles so far. The first 800 miles or so were mostly highway and the last 300 miles have been all city. FWIW, I haven't noticed anything wrong with the transmission hunting for the right gear, but my comparison is relative to switching from a Honda ODY minivan. I've only driven in Normal mode or Eco mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've only had my new 2020 AWD 3.5 ecoboost for about 1.1k miles so far. The first 800 miles or so were mostly highway and the last 300 miles have been all city. FWIW, I haven't noticed anything wrong with the transmission hunting for the right gear, but my comparison is relative to switching from a Honda ODY minivan. I've only driven in Normal mode or Eco mode.
I'll be coming from an Odyssey as well. Let's hope my experience matches yours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 2020 with ecoboost, I'm at about 3000 miles and it seems fine. My only issue is sometimes it seems to be in too high of a gear, although my 12 f150 can do the same thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts