Ford Transit USA Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
@Tijoe, Take a look of the installation guide here. Also you can see one diagram here. I hope that helps....
I have the electrical schematics, and they mesh fairly well with the majority of the wires on the unit's schematic. The Meastro diagarms are ok, but don't answer my questions regarding the CAN interfaces. This is one of the reasons I posted in this thread because it appears that some installations keep the display screen and others remove them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The Carbar is in and basically operational. I still have to route the GPS module to a permanent location, Hook up the microphone, Install the radio antenna adapter once it arrives in the mail. I have to put an RCA jack on the Rear camera wires and figure out where to add the additonal USB connectors and HDMI input. I removed the 4" display screen and plugged in the adapter connector that routes to the CAN converter and plugged in one harness. So far I appear to have many of the CAN warnings. (Like Door open - and it shows a door open.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 T350 HR ext 3.5EB
136 Posts
The Carbar is in and basically operational. I still have to route the GPS module to a permanent location, Hook up the microphone, Install the radio antenna adapter once it arrives in the mail. I have to put an RCA jack on the Rear camera wires and figure out where to add the additonal USB connectors and HDMI input. I removed the 4" display screen and plugged in the adapter connector that routes to the CAN converter and plugged in one harness. So far I appear to have many of the CAN warnings. (Like Door open - and it shows a door open.)
thank you for the updates. I am sure besides me there are others interested and following you process.

I do have a radio upgrade on the horizon but the effort required on your end scares me off a bit ;-)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Axxess Harness AX-FOSYNC-SWA : I purchased this harness as a possibility to bridge between my 4.0 display sceen, the exising harness, and my new unit. It arrived after I figured out how to tie in with back-up camera by cutting the shielded wires. I like the harness, but I haven't found any wiring schematics for the harness. If one can figure out what wires do what, it is probably a good adapter harness to use.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
The Brake light/upper light rear camera I ordered arrived today. Don't know when I will find time to install it and figure out how to route the harness to the CARbar in the dashboard.
It appears to be good quality and not to bad a price at $59.00 with free shipping.
My GPS adapter arrived in the mail a few days ago and hooked up without problems. I am running my CARBAR GPS off of the Transit OEM Transponder without issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
With an android double din head unit can you connect to the car WiFi? Load up the Victron App? Any android app?
Android OS radios are just the same as an Android OS tablet or phone, you can load any compatible app. Even my old 4.1 OS connects to any nearby wifi. I load/upgrade stuff from my home wifi when parked in my driveway.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Android OS radios are just the same as an Android OS tablet or phone, you can load any compatible app. Even my old 4.1 OS connects to any nearby wifi. I load/upgrade stuff from my home wifi when parked in my driveway.
Android based head units are better than regular tablets because they have built in GPS connectors for an external antenna and most have 3G/4G LTE capabilities/external antenna connector. Most have more connectors for inputting and outputting multimedia - Video, audio, and cameras. Plus Bluetooth, but so do tablets.
Android head units also have 2 12V power inputs. One for direct power and the other can be wired to the accessory/ignitions wire so that it automatically turns on an off using the cars ignition. (Tie the 2 power wires together, and the unit will always have power to it)

81 - 89 of 89 Posts