Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded from a 7" Atoto head unit to their 10.1" screen. Wanted to share for those wondering of a 10" screen would fit in the transit. Looks great and I love this radio! Sharp bright screen.It has dual bluetooth so I can have my phone paired as well as OBD. I use OBD Fusion, which has an add on for Ford so I can access many things, such as tire pressure, tank level, and many more things. I bought my radio on Amazon, a black Friday deal that was $236!. Another cool thing with this head unit, they make a dash cam ($36) that was easy to install. It will automatically record. Nice added feature for this radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the pic, looks great. Question for you - how stable is the mount? Does the screen wiggle/oscillate over rough roads?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Screen is stable, it is solid.
They have been out of stock on this model for some time. It ships from China, sold thru Amazon. I bought mine on sale for $238, normally $280.00

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
You can get these 10" screen radios on Ebay for under $100, but at that price they are just a tablet, no CD/DVD. There are several models, but I would get one with an Android OS, 8.1 or newer.
I debated it, but don't like it sticking up and ut so much. It has to come out a couple inches from the dash to clear. I'll stick with the regular 7" double DIN.

Ebay search term to get started: double din android radio

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
The Metra double DIN kit makes it a LOT easier, and definitely cleaner looking that trying to glue a 7-10" screen onto/over your dash.
It opens up a whole world of options, too. Otherwise, you're limited to the crappy OEM radios.

It's pretty easy to install, they include all the bits and pieces you need.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can get these 10" screen radios on Ebay for under $100, but at that price they are just a tablet, no CD/DVD. There are several models, but I would get one with an Android OS, 8.1 or newer.
I debated it, but don't like it sticking up and ut so much. It has to come out a couple inches from the dash to clear. I'll stick with the regular 7" double DIN.

Ebay search term to get started: double din android radio
I agree looks dumb I have the Metra kit with an Alpine 7 inch nice clean look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone is looking for the Atoto 10.1 you might want to check Amazon Canada. I used a mail forwarding service to get it here to the USA. It was still a lot cheaper then getting it from China where they appear to be sold out as well. I tried to two different sellers in China and both emailed saying it was out of stock. Ship by mail worked great. You just put the address they give you as the address to send to and Amazon will ship to them and then about $38 to ship to the USA. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I agree looks dumb I have the Metra kit with an Alpine 7 inch nice clean look.
What might make it "look" and work better is a short full motion arm mounting it to the double DIN radio space, or even over the factory radio hole. Basically a tablet that can be swiveled, positioned up or down, and wired into the speakers and power. The rigid arms that hold these straight out are limiting.

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
451 Posts
It appears that the A6Y1021PR unit is not available. There is one listing I found in Canada, but I am not sure the item is in stock 😣
Question: How easy is it to reach the screen from the drivers seat? I find the stock unit a reach. Since it swivels, does this make it easier to operate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It says one left in stock on Amazon Canada. If you make your move quick enough you could grab it. If you are here in the USA you need to go to the Canada Ship by Mail site to get the address for Amazon to send to. They won't ship to the USA.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wrote Atoto and asked when the A6Y1021PR would become available again in the US. They wrote back that they will start shipping again to the US in 15 days.

Has anyone reviewed this brand/model that is for sale on Flea-bay? I was thinking about this one until I saw the forum posting for the Atoto unit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would be very careful with that one. It only has 1 GB of ram. 2 would be the minimum and 4 would be ideal.
It appears that the ATOTO has only 2GB memory.
Model Name: A6Y1021PR (2GB/32GB)
Operating system: ATOTO A6 supports working with latest iOS (iOS 12.1.4 confirmed) & Android OS (Android 9.0 confirmed)
I read a couple reviews that owners think the face of the screen is not as durable as higher end units and scratches easily. (Any feedback on this concern?)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts