Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

«i van» is the biggest project that I ever made.

I read a lot of tips and ideas on this site and I want to share with you my project.

The plan is to do a stealthy campervan conversion for family trips across america.

We choose a custom made interior inspired from Westfalia traditional floor plan for four persons. (2 kids, 2 adults)

The picture was took july 14 2016 pick up date.

Attachments

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the plan. I used sketchup and autocad to draw our dream like we wanted it.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We began with a lot of holes on the floor and one on the roof. This was the scary thing of the build :)
Hole for Webasto and for passive ventilation for DC fridge

· Registered
760 Posts
Since I will be purchasing the full 7 years warranty and maintenance packages, I have to be very careful to follow the no drill areas in the BEMM or the warranty will be voided. Thankfully with the update (today!) of that, I can see at least SOME place I can drill! hahaha

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like some here I did the insulation of the floor and the roof with polyisocyanurate board and great stuff. 3/4 for the roof with a layer of bluejean for insonorisation - 1/2 strip for the floor with russian plywood.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I built all cabinet with russian plywood with laminate. I used 3M 90 spray glue to stick the laminate.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed Webasto air heater, water system with heat exchanger from engine coolant.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Does anyone knows the size of this nut here I need?
It's the CCP.

Attachments

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some other furnitures.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Awning installation. I used Sprinter installation kit from Fiamma. I cut them and install it on aluminium pieces. Voila!

Now we are ready to drink some beers!

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meanwhile my mother made some pieces for the sofa bed.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
193 Posts
That is a very nice looking build! Thank you for sharing. It's always inspiration to see what others have done. I am waiting for my van now (it was built this week) so I am deep into planning.

Would you be willing to share your sketchup model? It would be really helpful as a starting point. Yours is the best sketchup model that I have seen so far. I am also building a 148WB / MR.

Thank you,

Greg

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is a very nice looking build! Thank you for sharing. It's always inspiration to see what others have done. I am waiting for my van now (it was built this week) so I am deep into planning.

Would you be willing to share your sketchup model? It would be really helpful as a starting point. Yours is the best sketchup model that I have seen so far. I am also building a 148WB / MR.

Thank you,

Greg
no problemo
Send me PV message or your address.

· Registered
278 Posts
maricard, are you an AME? I see clico sheet metal clamps being used and the sealant on your awning looks like PRC..

I'm an AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) and some of the stuff looks familiar.

Awesome work you are doing, very nice job!

1 - 20 of 221 Posts