Cannot log in via Chrome?? - Ford Transit USA Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GapRunr
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:11:AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: West Hills, California
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Cannot log in via Chrome??

A Mac user, Set up my initial registration via Safari but have since switched to using Chrome for my internet use. For some reason I cannot log in to the forum via Chrome.? Keeps telling me invalid user name or password.

What am i doing wrong?? What do I need to do. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Mr M.
Mr M is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:18:AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East TN
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Garage
When you log in through Safari, are you manually typing in your password or are you letting the browser autofill it for you? If you are letting the browser autofill the password, go into Safari Preferences and see what the password actually is. There is no reason why the username and password would be different in Chrome versus Safari. IF you are getting that message then there is something different with either your username or password.

I see that you appear to have a space in your username based on the profile section to the left of your post. Spaces aren't usually allowed in usernames and passwords so you are probably using a null character. Those may translate differently in different browsers depending on what character set is loaded. If you have a null character or an ascii space in either your username or password then get rid of those and try again.
Aristo likes this.

2018 T350HD Dual Slider Dual Window 3.5EB 3.73 LSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GapRunr is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:11:PM
Administrator
 
Aristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
@Mr M Are you still having this issue? If you are, you can send a PM to this account with the password you'd like to use and I'll manually update it on your account just to make sure the correct one is added.

Niall

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aristo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:12:PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: West Hills, California
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
When you log in through Safari, are you manually typing in your password or are you letting the browser autofill it for you? If you are letting the browser autofill the password, go into Safari Preferences and see what the password actually is. There is no reason why the username and password would be different in Chrome versus Safari. IF you are getting that message then there is something different with either your username or password.

I see that you appear to have a space in your username based on the profile section to the left of your post. Spaces aren't usually allowed in usernames and passwords so you are probably using a null character. Those may translate differently in different browsers depending on what character set is loaded. If you have a null character or an ascii space in either your username or password then get rid of those and try again.
GapRunr, I did not know about that little spacing detail when I first signed up? I'd modify my user name but someone already has the Mr M with no spacing.
If I have to change my user name will I lose my old history? Or should i just make an Alias up incorporating MrM??
Confusion much!
Mr M is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:01:AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Sometimes a corrupted cache can cause this. Try clearing your cache.

2019 T250 148 HR Ecoboost Cargo, Quadvan 4x4 with Eaton Trutracs, VanCompass hitch receiver and skid plates, Smittybilt 15.5k winch, KO2s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaveInSeattle is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:10:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East TN
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
GapRunr, I did not know about that little spacing detail when I first signed up? I'd modify my user name but someone already has the Mr M with no spacing.
If I have to change my user name will I lose my old history? Or should i just make an Alias up incorporating MrM??
Confusion much!
You can contact the Administrators of this web site and ask them to change your username. They don't often do this, but given the issue you are having they can help you. It will change your username on all your historic posts I believe, so technically you wouldn't lose anything.

2018 T350HD Dual Slider Dual Window 3.5EB 3.73 LSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GapRunr is online now  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:27:PM
Administrator
 
Aristo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
You can contact the Administrators of this web site and ask them to change your username. They don't often do this, but given the issue you are having they can help you. It will change your username on all your historic posts I believe, so technically you wouldn't lose anything.
Yup, that is correct.
If you need your username changed, PM us.

Ed

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aristo is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: chrome wheel covers $25 in VA trikepilot Ford Transit Parts 5 03-23-2019 06:24:PM
TRADE: Chrome OEM grille for black plastic OEM Grille Freedom01 Ford Transit Parts 2 12-21-2018 02:00:PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome