Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Quigley 4x4 for Canadians?

27K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  ford99 
#1 ·
Hi all,

About to pull the trigger on a 2018 long and tall 3.5/3.31 Transit, and would love to get 4x4 via Quigley. A post by another member suggested this is possible. I've contacted Quigley but no reply yet. Any news on this?

Much appreciated.

#3 ·
Thanks QueSera. Yes, it's my understanding US folks have to go through a dealer. What I'm wondering is if it's even possible for Canadians, through a dealer or not. The red tape on "modified" vehicles is notorious. Wondering if anyone has a firm yes or no on this one. Thanks!

#4 ·
Hi, dray. I just walked through the Quigley factory Monday. The short version of dealer/no dealer is that Quigley is now getting slammed with Transit orders. There wasn't a huge demand for the first couple of years while customers of all varieties were taking in the new chasis. But whatever psychological barriers have been removed, and the current number of orders either sitting on the lot or inbound *right now* is almost equal to what they've *completed* since the Transit came out in North America.

So all orders will come from the KC plant to Quigley. *IF* it's a LR van, it will stay in Ford's distro system and will arrive at the dealer with no additional cost. Those ordering a MR/HR variant will have to pay for transit to the final destination (~$2-3k to go across the country depending).

I can't speak to Canadian specific issues, but I hope this helps with some perspective. Perhaps it will be easiest to pluck one off a lot somewhere closer to you if you can find what you want. Needless to say, 4x4s that arrive on dealer lots will be selling out very very quickly.

#5 ·
Thanks very much Baker. Great info. Yeah, I spoke with a Cdn company affiliated with Quigley. June build date (2018). Cost about $22 Cdn. Agree, better to find one on a lot. None in Canada. But some in the US. Means a lot of extra costs though, not least because of the Exchange Rate, but also because of an additional tax and costs associated with bringing into Canada. May have to give my dream of a 4x4 a pass.

#6 ·
I know they got a very large order from Canadian dealer(s) earlier this year which really pushed out their delivery date projections. Wow I was so lucky to be one of the last non-factory ordered conversions! Having finally used my new running gear recently when caught in an early winter storm I think it is the best possible investment you could make in a Transit purchase.

#8 ·
We are developing a Transit 4x4 conversion now. Our prototype van is slated for testing early Q1. I have a lot of custom designed parts prototyped and will be installing some of them very soon. So much going on around here though so I don't get many chances to post updates.

Converting the Transit is not a walk in the park like the E-series. There are some engineering challenges...ones that take significant investment (time and money) to overcome too. I don't expect a lot of players in this market. Maybe a couple more companies will go for it but not as many options as other van models.

Our system will have rebuildable front hubs (not custom unit bearings like Quigley), 3-mode ESOF transfer case and the ability to run up to 265/70-17 tires. Email me if you want to be on our updates mailing list. http://expovans.com

#25 ·
Thanks all. After a lot of research, I also didn't do a US 4x4 conversion at either upfitter. Too many hassles, costs, and red tape. Let's keep this thread updated and post any Cdn-based 4x4 conversion that we hear of.

#26 ·
Hey guys, found that thread when I was searching about Quigley in canada.
Quigley is now admissible in canada. I don't know since when but you can find the info here:
tc.gc.ca/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles/importation/usa/vafus/list2/Section5_6.htm

#29 ·
to follow up with this. I did see a quigley van for sale on Kijiji from a ford dealer in Edmonton. Thought that was unusual, now it makes sense.

I thought I was the only one around with a 4x4 transit up north. [emoji6]

Last month I went back to Quadvan to upgrade my van from a Gen 1 to a Gen 2 4x4 conversion with vacuum hubs. What an improvement, turns better, driveline doesn’t move when in 2wd. Turns sharper and should have better fuel mileage. I must thank John at quadvan, they do good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.