Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Dual alternator, Lithium battery/AC setup (no generator needed)
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:51:AM Thread Starter
Erik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
Great, I'm planning dual alternators as well but possibly more lithium storage. For A/C I think 400Ah is more like 3-4 hours instead of 8 hours. It depends on the outside temperature though and running at night will take less energy. I'm looking at DC-based A/C units with variable motors so they aren't cycling all the time wasting energy. As far as EarthRoamer goes, I believe I read that they are using typical window units as most campers do in a box with a vent to the outside.
Hi Moose,
that is what I have decided... I Portable 9,000btu AC inside the van. It needs 1/2 the power of a 9,000BTU roof top A/c/
I just ordered the dual alternator today. I will keep you all up to speed on this. The system will cost $9,500. A lot.
About $6,000 more than an Onan with roof top A/C and instal, but no loud generator and a lot less weight, much cleaner and simple. When your Onan has a problem, it is harder to find someone to fix it too. And the roof top A/C is ugly and when off road has that much more of a chance to get hit by branches. We will be doing two vans as one is for a film crew.

The vans will also have the new Yamaha 2000 portable generators as back up.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome