Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Dual alternator, Lithium battery/AC setup (no generator needed)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 11:59:PM Thread Starter
Erik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Dual alternator, Lithium battery/AC setup (no generator needed)

Hi,

I am installing in the Transit a Dual Alternator for $1,700 by Nationsstarteralternator (dot) com
and then will install 4,000 amp Lithium Ion batteries (Cost $4000) and a 4000 watt Pure Sine (cost $1600 approx.) inverter by upinverters (dot) com with a Coleman Mach-8 Cub 9,200 btu and some thin 100 Watt solar panels (about 4 of them).

I am trying to figure out a better (lower watt draw) A/C but am stuck as all I have dealt with is the roof tops a/c's.

1) Do you know of the best lowest watt A/C around the 7,000 to 9,200 btu?
2) EarthRoamer says they use two 7,000 watt BTU a/c's, but I am not sure what they are using. Do you know?
3) Have you found a higher watt output "Thin" Solar Panel that produces more than 100 watts.
4) Had a great conversation with a rep from upinverters (dot) com today and they said their system will run the A/c all night and with 2 hours of running the van, the batteries will be full again. Or solar with no running the van. If this (#4) is accurate, this would be the way to go as no generator would be needed for warm temps, off grid, etc.

Would you please share your thoughts on the above?

Thank you,
Erik.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome