rear seating - Ford Transit USA Forum
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 153 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 09:48:PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rear seating

Does anyone have any photos or information of the rear seating options?

I am interested in the xl/xlt wagon leather/cloth lwb.

Will the seats be comparable to the nissan nvp with integrated seat belts and the ability to configure seats individually or in pairs?
tycho316 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 04:14:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I found the Ford Transit USA brochure online. It could have some info in there. You'd have to sift through the fine print. Definitely possible to get rear seats though.

XLT Wagon seems to come with 5 passenger seating. Not sure if you can add more to the back.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/...stalCode=56301
tmillar is offline  
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:11:PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmillar View Post
I found the Ford Transit USA brochure online. It could have some info in there. You'd have to sift through the fine print. Definitely possible to get rear seats though.

XLT Wagon seems to come with 5 passenger seating. Not sure if you can add more to the back.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/...stalCode=56301


The link to the online brochure is for a Transit Connect. The full size Transit Wagon will have more than 5 passenger seating available.
tblake is online now  
 
post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 05:19:PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho316 View Post
Does anyone have any photos or information of the rear seating options?

I am interested in the xl/xlt wagon leather/cloth lwb.

Will the seats be comparable to the nissan nvp with integrated seat belts and the ability to configure seats individually or in pairs?


Look in the Ordering and Purchasing Section. There are a couple of threads there for 2015 Packaging guide and 2015 options list which give some seating details.
tblake is online now  
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 08:46:AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have found it very odd that of the hundreds of photos that are available online of the US ford transit, I have seen a total of zero photos of the interior of the passenger wagon rear seating options. Sure, Ford describes the seating options in terms of total seating capacity, but no photos to see if the seats are easilly moved, or available in 2 seat benches, 3 seat benches, captains chairs, etc....It makes me worry that the passenger wagon is going to be a late release, just as it seems ram promaster seems to have made their "glazed van" not available right now.
Krumkee likes this.
Goldmedaltom is offline  
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:40:AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmedaltom View Post
I have found it very odd that of the hundreds of photos that are available online of the US ford transit, I have seen a total of zero photos of the interior of the passenger wagon rear seating options. Sure, Ford describes the seating options in terms of total seating capacity, but no photos to see if the seats are easilly moved, or available in 2 seat benches, 3 seat benches, captains chairs, etc....It makes me worry that the passenger wagon is going to be a late release, just as it seems ram promaster seems to have made their "glazed van" not available right now.


Here is the text for "Wagon Seating" from the Ford Website:


"Carrying people in comfort is the specialty of the Transit Wagon. The regular-wheelbase Transit comes in a standard 8- or available 10-passenger model. For commuting applications like carpooling and airport transportation, the Transit Wagon longwheelbase model provides standard 12- or available 15-passenger seating while the long wheelbase with extended body seats 15. Available is a high-roof model that will accommodate someone standing 6-ft./5-in. What’s more, there are a variety of versatile aisle seating configurations available to match your specific needs"


The last sentence seems to imply that there may be some choices as to 2 seat, 3 seat, perhaps center aisle, etc. But I agree that there is nothing specific and no photos.
tblake is online now  
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 04:25:AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Photos of the different seating options are up on fords website now in their gallery.

Chad.
Chad is offline  
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 01:33:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for the info guys
carryon is offline  
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 02:00:PM
ted
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
It sure is weird how there are not many pictures of the interior, weird. They should be showing even more photo's of that than the exterior.
ted is offline  
post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 01:03:PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So has anyone been able to confirm if the rear seats on the wagon are easily removable? There is one youtube video that shows what looks like quick release levers on the bottom of the rear seats but then that is a preproduction model.
Jim_W is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off